Car pics too cool not to share

Zorba - The mask mandates and requirements are over and gone with. You are more than welcome to remove your face mask.
Like the original Dodge Power Wagon was hip before Dodge trucks were "cool", @Zorba was ahead of the "cool" mask wearing trend. He's not called the Veiled Male because of Covid! ;)

Because I couldn't remember the name, I had to go look this one up. When I was a little lad my best friends grandfather had one of these that he used to take us on a "Sunday Drive" in. I had no idea then that this car was so cool and innovative, i.e. supercharged and front wheel drive.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/others/1937-cord-812-supercharged-phaeton-ar171767.html
cord-812-supercharge-5_800x0.webp

cord-812-supercharge-4_800x0.webp

cord-812-supercharge-2_800x0.webp

cord-812-supercharge_800x0.webp

Very interesting cars. I've seen a few over the years, but none lately. Any idea where the one you rode in is now?

There used to be one of those sitting in a ditch along a rural road near me. The state paved that road ~15 years ago and it disappeared. I guess they scraped it. I'd hate to have to find those windshields. They'd probably have to be custom cut today. I think that was advertised as "extra vision".
You'd be surprised how many will show up for sale in my area throughout the course of a year. Seems unlikely, but it's true. Usually very reasonably priced, too.

Very interesting cars. I've seen a few over the years, but none lately. Any idea where the one you rode in is now?
My buddies grandfather died many, many years ago. I know the car was in the family for a while, but was eventually sold. I vividly remember being mesmerized by the beautiful dash, with full instrumentation. It was a stark contrast to many of the 50s and 60s cars I grew up with.

Reactions: BlueC
You'd be surprised how many will show up for sale in my area throughout the course of a year. Seems unlikely, but it's true. Usually very reasonably priced, too.

Weird, I wonder why. Other than the one I mentioned, I don't know if I've ever seen another in person.

Weird, I wonder why. Other than the one I mentioned, I don't know if I've ever seen another in person.
Maybe they're just getting harder and harder to get parts for. Most are projects, or driver quality. There was one factory supercharged one for sale a few years back. It was stunningly beautiful, and priced accordingly.

It's funny how when someone describes a vehicle as "ahead of its time" it's almost always one of the now orphaned companies like Studebaker, Kaiser, Nash, Packard, Tucker etc. Rarely do we attribute the big 3 as being ahead of their time.
My personal belief is the big three were forced to innovate. It wasn't in their original corporate DNA, but some folks came along that forced them, both internally and externally, in a direction they didn't necessarily want to go.

Reactions: Squatch and BlueC
My personal belief is the big three were forced to innovate. It wasn't in their original corporate DNA, but some folks came along that forced them, both internally and externally, in a direction they didn't necessarily want to go.

I can see that argument. That appears to be what's happening today with Tesla and the EV market.