Car pics too cool not to share

A local guy had an earlier CTS-V 6-speed with a F1 Procharger on it and tiny chambered mufflers. It sounded good and I'm sure it was fast. It was a cool car owned by a douchebag (I knew him personally). The funny thing was when he first got the car, he couldn't drive stick. I watched him stall out twice leaving a parking lot, and my cousin had to put two clutches in it in the first 6 months. :LOL:

Got to LEARN somehow I guess... I've replaced a few clutches when I worked at a dealership on cars for new drivers.

Is that yours?

Sure is....and then I woke up! :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to own it, though not sure where the hell I'd park it. I don't think parking spaces are made for cars like that anymore... :cautious:

It was a great car.

And they look even better with a little bit of suspension drop. Classic sleds. I still think about that '69 I didn't go for, funny that. I've owned plenty of vehicles I barely remember yet a few that I never went for stick in the gray matter. That Coupe de Ville is right up there with the Jeepster Commando I passed on, oddly enough they were both the same pale green color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch and Wildman
The '59 is in a league of its own. If you own a '59, everything else is an "Oh, yeah, and I also have a...". :cool:

The ultimate '59:
267c054c70d75b2a9f1e378041ac1395.jpg

Yea, I learned on a 10hp '53 Farmall Cub, then a 110 hp Civic, not a ~800 hp Caddy. That guy was more money than brains, and he honestly didn't have a lot of money either. :sneaky:

I started out on a tractor but don't remember the make. Then my grandpas CJ5 with a V-6 & when I was finally legal a Pinto. My first rig was a 54 Dodge P/U with a I-6 & 3 on the tree.

More money than brains is always a good sign of fun things to see.

From our friends down under..... From the conversation this is a very unique car down under.

My Hellsbell Original RHD AUS Delivered Belair. One of 1889 Shipped to the Port of Sydney in 1957.
Backyard built 454 Retro Roller. There is no replacement for displacement. Backed by a built TH400 & 9” Coated in her original Inca Silver.
Daily driver, Grocery getter she’s my only car, I’ve been running on empty all my life & I wouldn’t have it any other way!

1716832316362.png

1716832333775.png

1716832368416.png

1716832408626.png

1716832463476.png

From our friends down under..... From the conversation this is a very unique car down under.

My Hellsbell Original RHD AUS Delivered Belair. One of 1889 Shipped to the Port of Sydney in 1957.
Backyard built 454 Retro Roller. There is no replacement for displacement. Backed by a built TH400 & 9” Coated in her original Inca Silver.
Daily driver, Grocery getter she’s my only car, I’ve been running on empty all my life & I wouldn’t have it any other way!

View attachment 530157
View attachment 530158
View attachment 530159
View attachment 530160
View attachment 530161

Aussie 57 Chevy's used 56 Chevy Dash's ?

Aussie 57 Chevy's used 56 Chevy Dash's ?

Don't know... There was a lot of talk about it being very rare as most were shipped there disassembled and then assembled by Holden in country. But this one was shipped assembled in a crate to Sidney.

And here is the answer about the dash...

It was the most cost effective way for GM to produce the right hand drive 57’s for the market.

Reactions: Zorba and ColoJeep