Car pics too cool not to share

Technically, every car is a one-year-only car. A '53 Ford is the only year a '53 Ford was sold as a '53 Ford, for example. The year before, they were '52 Fords. The year after, they were '54 Fords.

I'm not trying to be a dick, though I'm pretty sure I'm sounding like one at this point, but the whole "one year only" thing has always bugged me. Like I said, I can't think of anything else besides the Tucker. It was sold as a model year 1948 vehicle. None before 1948, and none after 1948.

Wasn’t the superbird a one year car?

Sorry but no. The other car was the 1932 Ford.

I'm not well-versed in those Fords, so what would make that car a one-year only car vs the '33 and '34 cars, which I believe were built on the same platform?

I am rather knowledgeable about '58 Chevies. Why would that be considered a one-year only car?

And the Super Bee

'68-71 for the Super Bee. I guess I'm back to being confused on what's qualifying. o_O

200.gif

Returning to what I know. My favorite Mopar is a '67 Dodge Dart. I've owned 13 A-body Mopars, with several being a '67-'69 Dart. One I had was a '67 Dart GT convertible withe the 383 and 4-speed out of a '69 Road Runner. Pistol grip shifter, too. The 8 3/4" rear end was loaded with a 3.91 Sure-Grip. Talk about a fun car to drive. It's a wonder I didn't lose my license.
1654650543192.png

1654650562848.png

1654650676528.png

I'm not well-versed in those Fords, so what would make that car a one-year only car vs the '33 and '34 cars, which I believe were built on the same platform?

I am rather knowledgeable about '58 Chevies. Why would that be considered a one-year only car?

There is nothing from a 31 or 33 on a 32. It is completely different. Also there is no similarly of the 58 to the 57 or 59.

there is no similarly of the 58 to the 57 or 59.
Take a look at the chassis on a 58 and a 59 ;)

The only real difference between the '58 through '64 frames are body mount locations, and the '58 had unique rear control arms, mainly the rear upper which was a Y-arm vs the standard straight arms of '59-64. Engine/trans choices were essentially the same '58-60.

The '58 is a somewhat unique car in that it does not swap any sheet metal/trim with any other year, but it's still the X-frame platform of '58-'64. The other years might swap floor pans (59-60, 61-62, 63-64), but it's very limited.

This was always my favorite square body Chevy P/U. When I was stationed in Germany back in the mid 80's I had a toy truck that looked like this. My son was only 3 months old when I bought it for HIM.... ya right. I played with it more than he did.

View attachment 335686

So, did you ever buy a real one?

Nope. Which make me sad and now they are another rig that's gotten priced out of my range.

I know what that's about. I bought my Impalas right before they took off in price, so I got the cars, but parts went sky-high for years. Personally, I think the market will soon turn and bring these ridiculously priced vehicles back down. Maybe you can scoop one up then. (y) You'll need something to pull your Jeep around, or maybe the Jeep can pull it. :unsure:

I know what that's about. I bought my Impalas right before they took off in price, so I got the cars, but parts went sky-high for years. Personally, I think the market will soon turn and bring these ridiculously priced vehicles back down. Maybe you can scoop one up then. (y) You'll need something to pull your Jeep around, or maybe the Jeep can pull it. :unsure:

I had a chance about 10 years ago but had other obligations. I'd love to have one to yank the Jeep around with.

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
'68 was a great year for American automotive design. Mopar B-bodies (Charger, Road Runner, etc.), GM's A-bodies (Malibu, Skylark, Cutlass, etc.), AMC's Javelins and AMX cars, and Ford's Torino come to mind. All had fairly substantial changes from the previous year's offerings, and of course, the AMC ones were altogether new.

Torino
1654694581180.png

Chevelle SS
1654694692388.png

Charger
1654694746179.png

AMX
1654694807249.png

'68 was a great year for American automotive design. Mopar B-bodies (Charger, Road Runner, etc.), GM's A-bodies (Malibu, Skylark, Cutlass, etc.), AMC's Javelins and AMX cars, and Ford's Torino come to mind. All had fairly substantial changes from the previous year's offerings, and of course, the AMC ones were altogether new.

Torino
View attachment 335714

Chevelle SS
View attachment 335716

Charger
View attachment 335717

AMX
View attachment 335718

There's something about those Torinos that I just like. (y)