Carnage Thread

lBasket

Branch Manager
Supporting Member
Everyone talks about this thread but looks like I'm starting it. Crushed my hardtop on golden spike, worst part is it wasn't really because of the trail I just didn't see a branch hanging in front of me

PXL_20210426_184349534.jpg

PXL_20210426_184534443.jpg

PXL_20210426_184935042.MP.jpg

Or add some armor!
True! I've come to conclusion that a lift might be cheaper in the long run. I think it would be a lot more doable with a tuck and some actual non highway tires. I'm always catching ledges on my center skid because they are so dug out from bigger rigs that I have to skirmish the edges near the trees where it's not as bad. Still, I pushed the limits of my jeep and it has been amazing and very impressive.

I'm not sure I would survive that encounter. Probably cry all the way home to KC.

But I'll say, the things you've done....with that Jeep......you're killing it, man!!! Can't win that war without a casualty or two.
Yeah I'm pretty bummed I just bought a roof rack... I'm going to try to fix it. Might be ugly but oh well.

But yeah I'm really impressed by what this little jeep can do. It's a tank and can do anything I need it to... The problem is just when I point it in the wrong direction like at a tree

Did it knock your gas cap off too?
Dropped it at the gas station. Another moab casualty

May not help, but you're making priceless memories and friendships. Both are worth the price! (y)
Yeah definitely! Hard tops are expendable but this week has been so fun and I'll remember it forever

Yeah I'm pretty bummed I just bought a roof rack... I'm going to try to fix it. Might be ugly but oh well.

But yeah I'm really impressed by what this little jeep can do. It's a tank and can do anything I need it to... The problem is just when I point it in the wrong direction like at a tree

Yeah definitely! Hard tops are expendable but this week has been so fun and I'll remember it forever
You and your jeep have been awesome. I loved seeing what your Safari can do. Sorry about the hard top damage, but at least you'll have the memories.

*not as uplifting as I'd hoped, but now you have a jeep with a story.

@lBasket wheeled it like a madman today through Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim. Showing what a Jeep is capable of.

I'm going to try to fix it. Might be ugly but oh well.

I had resigned myself to the fact, I may have to buy a damaged one and repair it, due to the prices and relative scarceness of ones for sale around home. Ultimately, I found one close and it was decent. But there are several good videos out there showing how to repair them and I was impressed with the results. Have a ball. If it breaks, fix it. Then have another ball. Rinse. Repeat.