Carpet advice for TJ

Before you sh*tcan your carpet, and/or remove it or try to pressure wash it, buy yourself two cans of CRC Brakleen in the RED can. Take a clean white towel, put some reasonably thick or durable rubber gloves on, saturate a 2"X4" section of the towel, and then start scrubbing the spot(s). The carpet should be colorfast, and you will be AMAZED at how much dirt you get out of that carpet! I use Brakleen to clean my carpet in my vehicles AND in my house where stains show up. I also scrubbed my '04 Columbia Edition seats with same - they look almost new now! The beauty of Brakleen is that once it dries/evaporates, it leaves ABSOLUTELY no residue WHATSOEVER; no smell either. It's one of my "Magic Elixirs"...

Will try! :)

@Tigerman - no, Bedrug only has grey. But I wanted to see it in person and put up alongside my dash and center console. To me, it looked great. As someone above posted, it compliments the interior. Especially my dash and faded black plastics hahaa / funny, but Im serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you sh*tcan your carpet, and/or remove it or try to pressure wash it, buy yourself two cans of CRC Brakleen in the RED can. Take a clean white towel, put some reasonably thick or durable rubber gloves on, saturate a 2"X4" section of the towel, and then start scrubbing the spot(s). The carpet should be colorfast, and you will be AMAZED at how much dirt you get out of that carpet! I use Brakleen to clean my carpet in my vehicles AND in my house where stains show up. I also scrubbed my '04 Columbia Edition seats with same - they look almost new now! The beauty of Brakleen is that once it dries/evaporates, it leaves ABSOLUTELY no residue WHATSOEVER; no smell either. It's one of my "Magic Elixirs"...

Thanks for the tip, I will keep that in mind!

Just power washed mine.. looks new now.

There is a link on here that will list out your factory build. You can precisely get the color name.

Take the carpet out and do a paint on/roll on bed liner. They make it in different colors now.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Duplicolor/318/BAA2030/10002/-1

There's and example. I think Lowe's sells it in gallon buckets. You can probably order a close color too match. Then you can just hose it out in the future.

No way!! I like the carpet and I am installing soundproofing material, but thank you ;)

Just did a DIY bed liner in mine and it’s wayy better

2B67E34A-D3EA-4C4B-A6F0-AF2FAB81777B.jpeg

00D8042E-A4D5-4219-BB9B-554E514FDE29.jpeg

405D9E8D-1E9B-40E4-9EF1-E6950A12A923.jpeg

Reactions: Markymech
I got a YJ to the paint is pretty messed up already I was thinking of doing lineX but they quoted me a ridiculous $3,000 saying they would have to sand off surface from where the doors meet blah blah blah. Way too much. Can this be rolled on or is it better sprayed? Is it a good idea?

Yea they charge ridiculous prices. This is better sprayed on with the gun you buy from them since it gives it that desired texture. I did use a brush to touch up some hard to hit areas though and it looks great as well.

Yea they charge ridiculous prices. This is better sprayed on with the gun you buy from them since it gives it that desired texture. I did use a brush to touch up some hard to hit areas though and it looks great as well.

Yea they are way to expensive.i just checked their page out I did see the gun. Did you buy the fine. Crumb or heavy crumb? I like the way yours came out.

Fair warning - once you put that stuff in/on, it's a NIGHTMARE to strip back out, so you had better ABSOLUTELY love it or be pretty damned SURE that you ALWAYS will, "for better or for worse" and like that. It ain't like you can sand/bead blast that stuff off once it's on - we're talking heat gun, hammer & chisel work, Kids! I personally would not even CONSIDER buying a vehicle that has been bed-lined; and BTW, it WILL fade, get dirty (and STAY dirty), chip, crack, etc. I've had it in my last two vehicles - NEVER EVER again! https://www.dualliner.com/blog/remove-spray-bedliner

Reactions: Tigerman
i have used the totally awesome degreaser stuff that i get from family dollar or dollar general it works awesome. ive never used it on fabric but it is made for fabric. that stuff and good scrub brush or brush attachment for a drill/polisher would probably work awesome. the second one would work if you have a DA polisher

Fair warning - once you put that stuff in/on, it's a NIGHTMARE to strip back out, so you had better ABSOLUTELY love it or be pretty damned SURE that you ALWAYS will, "for better or for worse" and like that. It ain't like you can sand/bead blast that stuff off once it's on - we're talking heat gun, hammer & chisel work, Kids! I personally would not even CONSIDER buying a vehicle that has been bed-lined; and BTW, it WILL fade, get dirty (and STAY dirty), chip, crack, etc. I've had it in my last two vehicles - NEVER EVER again! https://www.dualliner.com/blog/remove-spray-bedliner

Now that is one invaluable advice!!!

Just power washed mine.. looks new now.

There is a link on here that will list out your factory build. You can precisely get the color name.

I have the factory build sheet. I had it even before I bought the truck but the carpet color is not listed. :)