Centramatic Wheel Balancers

Has anyone thought about what least could do for your drive shaft??

If there was a way to get them on the harmonic balancer that might really really solve some headaches.

This company makes bolt on balancing rings for driveshafts. I saw someone mention them as using mercury, which I'd avoid, but their website mentions something called Quick Silver liquid metal.

http://balancemasters.com/driveshafts.html

Reactions: AndyG
Quicksilver is mercury, which is liquid metal.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_(element)As long as you don't bust it open, it's not a big deal. Much like mercury thermometers.
I wouldn’t use mercury for environmental reasons. Same with lead. It’s not fair for me to have a little luxury and potentially poison the environment. Especially in a Jeep that often goes off road. But I’m biased and a marine biologist so 🤷‍♂️ Forgive the righteousness.

I’m currently painting these. Just a quick primer and mat black combination from rustoleum. Theyare not friendly to paint but it’s also cold and wet in the Pacific Northwest.

743339FC-C07A-4929-B973-C3BBD7B216F8.jpeg

I wouldn’t use mercury for environmental reasons. Same with lead. It’s not fair for me to have a little luxury and potentially poison the environment. Especially in a Jeep that often goes off road. But I’m biased and a marine biologist so 🤷‍♂️ Forgive the righteousness.
I didn't buy the Balance Masters for the same reason. I also don't believe it's ethical to gut the catalytic converters on a street driven vehicle without very good cause. Yes it's easy to get away with it, but I don't think it's worth it.

I didn't buy the Balance Masters for the same reason. I also don't believe it's ethical to gut the catalytic converters on a street driven vehicle without very good cause. Yes it's easy to get away with it, but I don't think it's worth it.
Yeah, I know some people don't like emissions controls (they were REALLY bad when they first started using them), but with modern computers they work pretty good, so I don't mind keeping mine working. (anyone who thinks modern emission controls are bad should try to adjust an old Carter BBD carburetor on an '81 Cherokee).

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel City 06
I've been using these on my TJ6 for a couple of years now. I'm running 40s on bead locks and needed a way to balance them since all local shops refused to touch them. I couldn't be more satisfied with them. The tires run very smoothly even with chunking. I can run 75mph without vibration throughout acceleration. No mess or hassle with these things.