Centramatic Wheel Balancers

Ive been looking at these for a bit. Everywhere Ive seen the description makes it sound like you are buying one balancer for $200. Still plan to make the purchase at some point. The MTRs are a pain to keep balanced

If you have a big brake kit, check the clearance before you buy.
If the caliper or bracket extends out past the plane of the WMS, the Centramatic may not fit on that axle unless you have a wheel spacer.

Without the wheel spacers, the Centramatics would not fit on my front axle due to the Super 16” big brake kit. They should fit on stock brakes. They probably won't fit on the 17" kit without spacers, since they don't fit the Super 16".

Edit: @Lou confirmed they fit with the 15" Big Brake kit. Based on how they are set up they should also fit the standard 16" kit.

Last edited:
My centramatics do make noise at low speeds, but it's not bothersome. At higher speeds the BBs get pressed against the rim and become silent.

Balance Masters makes a competing product using liquid mercury. Perhaps worse for the environment if they failed, but I'd imagine it would be a lot quieter than BBs.

http://www.balancemasters.com/

I use Centramatics and am happy with them.
I have found far less on the balance masters in terms of reviews on line. Plus as a marine biologist I will avoid the mercury myself. Not that the lead weights in centramatics are that great either... I watched a video and it looks like there were about 6 larger weights in them. The OP's video is what I'm going by.

Ive been looking at these for a bit. Everywhere Ive seen the description makes it sound like you are buying one balancer for $200. Still plan to make the purchase at some point. The MTRs are a pain to keep balanced
I just got off the phone and ordered them. That's the price for a set of 4. I promise haha

Reactions: tworley
I installed centramatic balancers on my jeep due to balance issues. After about 1000 miles I took my tires to get rebalance, and they went from an avg of 8oz per tire to about 4oz per tire. 35" MTR's with raceline beadlocks.

I installed centramatic balancers on my jeep due to balance issues. After about 1000 miles I took my tires to get rebalance, and they went from an avg of 8oz per tire to about 4oz per tire. 35" MTR's with raceline beadlocks.
15’s or 17’s?

So they wore them evenly enough they needed less to balance? Crazy. So presumably, after more miles, perhaps they’ll need 0oz to balance?

So they wore them evenly enough they needed less to balance? Crazy. So presumably, after more miles, perhaps they’ll need 0oz to balance?
I guess theoretically that could work in a perfect scenario. But I dont think it would ever happen in my situation. As my jeep is rarely driven other than to the trail, on the trails, and home. I think and this is pure speculation, that the centramatic's helped the tires run more true(round) therefore requiring less weight to balance. But I believe the tires will always need to be balanced due to imperfections within the tire itself. Thiner/thicker areas of rubber etc.

Reactions: tworley
If you have a big brake kit, check the clearance before you buy.
If the caliper or bracket extends out past the plane of the WMS, the Centramatic may not fit on that axle unless you have a wheel spacer.

Without the wheel spacers, the Centramatics would not fit on my front axle due to the Super 16” big brake kit. They should fit on stock brakes. No idea on the standard 15/16 inch big brake kits.

They fit with the 15” kit.

yes they have a silicone sealant around the ring where it meets the flat face portion.
not sure what they paint these with, but it's a slippery paint and it's kinda hard to get new paint to hold.

i painted mine red......i didn't care for their "tin man" silver, black or dark finishes messed with the depth perception of the holes in the rims and it just looked solid from a distance.
if i had had more color match to the tubs khaki, i would have done that.

46498131_349261109165419_7642440728915738624_n.jpg

Reactions: Blondie70
After reading these reviews, I jumped in and bought a set. As others have said, I wish I would have got these years ago. Smoothed out the ride significantly and I have not even heard the bean bag sound at slow speeds. Maybe when I take the top off I might. I would add this to the list of best mods.

I was thinking earlier this week that I can't hear the bean bag noise now with windows, only without.

My Jeeps had balance beads in the tires when I bought it. I didn't know they were there until I took a tire off and noticed the sound of something rolling around in the tire. There was absolutely no vibration. When I bought new tires I put 8oz of airsoft pellets in each tire and there is no vibration and no weights.

Reactions: Blondie70
After reading these reviews, I jumped in and bought a set. As others have said, I wish I would have got these years ago. Smoothed out the ride significantly and I have not even heard the bean bag sound at slow speeds. Maybe when I take the top off I might. I would add this to the list of best mods.

Dang! I hate to be a follower. Now, I'm going to have to try these too.