Not 100% certain on the water pump, but I would guess they are the same.
The part number matches and i'm trusting that when you wrote it, you checked. Thanks man. Just ordered all my parts on this build this evening.... Will report back on your coolant thread if the water pump doesn't end up matching.

The part number matches and i'm trusting that when you wrote it, you checked. Thanks man. Just ordered all my parts on this build this evening.... Will report back on your coolant thread if the water pump doesn't end up matching.
Good to know and thanks for doing this, it would be useful info to have for sure 👍

Not 100% certain on the water pump, but I would guess they are the same.
just checked summit, and they're showing a mismatch — can't find any mopar to match a 98 tj, so any other recommendations (AC Delco? GMB? Crown?)

just checked summit, and they're showing a mismatch — can't find any mopar to match a 98 tj, so any other recommendations (AC Delco? GMB? Crown?)
I am not surprised. A lot of the old part numbers seem to have been purged from the system. For instance, if you look at a radiator for a 2006 TJ 4.0 with a manual transmission they will tell you it won’t fit a 98 TJ 4.0 manual. However, that is wrong from my understanding as I have talked to people who said it fits just fine.

But going off the part numbers alone, you’d never know this as it will tell you it won’t fit.

m not surprised. A lot of the old part numbers seem to have been purged from the system. For instance, if you look at a radiator for a 2006 TJ 4.0 with a manual transmission they will tell you it won’t fit a 98 TJ 4.0 manual. However, that is wrong from my understanding as I have talked to people who said it fits just fine.
Chris, I trust a bunch of ol' Jeep heads more than some new website's IT nerds — ordered — HA!!!

Let us know what you find out. I for one am curious.

Will do — order confirmation below....

1614912269611.jpg

Reactions: Chris