Carsten737

Howdy Yall, I’m new to posting to the Jeep forums while not to reading them ahah. I have a 1999 TJ 2.5l Manual, I am running 31 KO2’s with Rancho9000xl Shocks, RS999128 front and RS999240 rear. My dad and I put those shocks on when we got the Jeep about a year ago. We got it stock with 83k on it and built it for our needs at the time. Now days I think I am getting some spring sag due to having more and more rubbing on the bottom of the front fender. My question I have come to and my apologies if I posted this to the wrong thread, My dad got COVID of course so I got the next week off of work... which means time for some upgrades. I have seen photos of other folks running no 31s with no lift and they seem to have more room between tire and fender so that’s why I am guessing spring sag. If I am going to replace the springs the idea of running a 1-2 inch lift does seem appealing if I will have the springs out anyway. My only problem is that the $500 I spent on the shocks don’t support a lift And are considered to be stock shocks. I have done some research in looking if there is an alternative. I would like to avoid a body lift but if that’s all their is so be it. Do y’all know of any good shock extenders that aren’t crap ahah or of any other solutions to a 1-2 inch lift. If not ill just replace with factory springs. Thanks y’all!

D0BB34A7-0A83-4E76-8DB2-E83069461E6B.jpeg

824630DF-E71B-4541-846E-60D315BC09C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Hopper

TJ Addict
I thought the ranches ran a bit long. I may be wrong but a 1.5 spacer lift may be fine. Followed by a 1" body lift.
Others here know way more though. Good luck.

Hopper

TJ Addict
Procomp 2" springs are economical and work great. Get another inch with a quick body lift. Then post up those pics.