Chinese Antirock

If they outsource it from China, I have zero remorse for Currie.
I have friends working for railroad in Europe, they order all the replacement parts from China. Pack broken and ship it to them, they copy and ship back. You just have to make sure to specify what is broken, otherwise they will copy everything to millimeter.
When I found out what is the cost of entire procedure, in comparison to ordering it from local factory, I could not believe and could not understand how they do it for so cheap.
To add more salt to wound, I have a rifle bipod that cost $300, my friend has exact same, from China for $20. Exact same, and stood all the abuse we threw at it!

So yah..
There are things such as free market, capitalism and so on... Sure, your product - your price, do what you want. If they pay, then it is worth it.

There are also things such as morals and qualities related to it. And when someone sells you something for $300 when it cost them $3 to make it, $2 to ship and $50 to market it as the shit of the shits.. that is a pure "fuck you" to the customer.
I personally have had lots of issues with China made stuff, especially their cheap "pop" metal everything is made of. When paying for an expensive American made product typically your getting better quality. The way I see it is someone has a lot of time in designing/engineering a quality part such as the Currie. Maybe it only costs them $50 to make an antirock, but your paying for quality control and testing that backs that product. I fully understand the costs associated with a good product.

Reactions: UKTJ and SvtLdr
That isn't how it works. Ownership of protected intellectual property via patent or other methods only buys you the right to use legal means to cause the infringer to cease and desist. .gov has implicitly banned the sale of protected goods via that process. To do otherwise means they now have to vet the claims of the infringed and find a way to stop the sales. That is not their job. The US does stand full square behind protected IP in that we have a process to protect via patent or other methods via legal recourse should infringement occur. If we didn't, it would be "fuck off, figure it out yourownself".
OK, so if the Govt. leaves it to the patent holder to enforce Rockjock needs to decide whether that is their best course of action. Personally I very much doubt it would do them much good with online sellers based in another country that has a different cultural model and cares little about patents. That kind of suggests taking out patents is a bit of a waste of time and money.

I personally have had lots of issues with China made stuff, especially their cheap "pop" metal everything is made of. When paying for an expensive American made product typically your getting better quality. The way I see it is someone has a lot of time in designing/engineering a quality part such as the Currie. Maybe it only costs them $50 to make an antirock, but your paying for quality control and testing that backs that product. I fully understand the costs associated with a good product.
100%, if consumers decide to buy the copy rather than the original ultimately one consequence could be the stream of new innovative products dries up. Nice bit of game theory, many will want lots of other people to buy the original at a higher price to fund future injovatoon, while they buy the knock off version and save some cash.

Maybe it only costs them $50 to make an antirock, but your paying for quality control and testing that backs that product. I fully understand the costs associated with a good product.
Even in quantity, you can't get the torsion bar made for that cost. There is 20 minutes in machine time, plus cut to length, and splining. Once that is done then it is heat treated and then straightened. Best I can see if you do 500 at a time is very close to 75-80 bucks just for the bar. The link ends are going to be 20-22 bucks each in large quantity. Between the link ends and bar there is 150-170 bucks.

Anybody in the future wants to see what this thread is about it was these on Amazon:

sway.jpg

I'm sure they'll be back under a different name soon, Antirock was obviously a stupid choice of name and it's nice to see Amazon work so quickly on this one.

I wonder if it got pulled because I asked the question on the site: "How many copyright infringments are packed into this "Antirock"? Lol I really hope so

• Haha
Reactions: D M and SoCalGlide
I have the real anti rock! 😉
Based on what I have read on here if I ever invested in something like this I'd get a Swayloc, so Antirock copies are not that big an issue to me at the moment. But, as others have said it does seem to me that the outrage about this is down to two factors first the copy is Chinese and second it is a copy of a Currie / RockJock product.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Based on what I have read on here if I ever invested in something like this I'd get a Swayloc, so Antirock copies are not that big an issue to me at the moment. But, as others have said it does seem to me that the outrage about this is down to two factors first the copy is Chinese and second it is a copy of a Currie / RockJock product.
The biggest problems in Australia anyway is the "Made In" which allows manufacturers to use Chinese produced parts assembled in AU! In AU we make from scratch absolutely nothing anymore except world copyright Aboriginal Dot paintings!
It would not surprise me if any name brand with good reputation anywhere in the World eventually starts to sources its components from Chinese factories because Chinese fabricators are precision computerised manufacturers not back yard fabricators gaining a reputation of quality.

You always need to follow the money for the truth.

Reactions: Thunderhead
The biggest problems in Australia anyway is the "Made In" which allows manufacturers to use Chinese produced parts assembled in AU! In AU we make from scratch absolutely nothing anymore except world copyright Aboriginal Dot paintings!
It would not surprise me if any name brand with good reputation anywhere in the World eventually starts to sources its components from Chinese factories because Chinese fabricators are precision computerised manufacturers not back yard fabricators gaining a reputation of quality.

You always need to follow the money for the truth.
Empires rise, empires fall. Always have, probably always will.
I worked in Rome for a while, at a meeting some of my UK colleagues behaved like arses to one of the Italians. I apologised, saying some Brits did not realise we had lost our empire. He replied saying it was fine, some of his colleagues had not worked it out 2000 years after they lost theirs. Sometimes it is hard for people to accept changes in the world order.

Last edited:
They need @Chris to help them out with SEO. Apparently they don't know that they can make it show up in Antirock searches without actually naming it that. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
My disgust is not based on either of those two factors.

What is your disgust based on?
It is a blatant copy. It only exists because we have a culture in the US of demanding lower prices for the "same" products which has caused us to devolve into a society that values price above all else. No one ever brags about paying more but let someone go buy a 50,000 dollar car and beat the poor salesman out of half of his 1000 dollar commission and they'll brag to everyone how they fucked the dealer.

The man hours and originality John put into that product are fully circumvented by acquiring one and then making a copy of it. That bypasses all of the effort and expense which is a crappy way to get from point A to point B in product development.