Chris Durham motor sports fenders as alternative to highline fenders?

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Just wondering if anyone has installed or looked into Chris Durham motor sports fender - Hood as an alternative to highline fenders ?

I would think you still have to deal with the inner fender in some way, since it is structural and has a bunch of stuff attached to it. The rear wall also needs to be pushed backwards if you want to make use of the added room above the tire.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
i looked at them. they leave the OE inner intact, they cut the outer fender off and just leave the rest. if you look close you can see the gap between the OE inner skin and new hood line. and they recommend a funky inverted hook to latch it.

like jjvw says it also needs room behind the wheel, but they did cut that back too. notice the bottom of the fender is angled right into the tub and the rear wall was replaced.

i kinda like the look of it, but i'd have to do something about that gap. and moving the rear wall and tying into the OE inner would be some tricky cuts to piece neatly.

I saw the same or similar brand hood on a CJ7 a couple years ago. It looked pretty good when the rest of the Jeep was built to suit.

high line fender are a different cut on the hood, that wing extending from that hood is the new flat fender.
Yes but that's not what I'm saying. Several vendors offer highline inner fenders only without the flare/fender part. Basically just a sheet that protects the engine bay but expands the wheelwheel / back wall

Yes but that's not what I'm saying. Several vendors offer highline inner fenders only without the flare/fender part. Basically just a sheet that protects the engine bay but expands the wheelwheel / back wall
sorry, i missed the inner part................... ya i run the GR inners inside my raised factory fenders. their HL version might hide that gap and does move that back wall some.

Reactions: 2006TJ1
That’s a cool looking hood, but I still prefer the Campbell version since the back of the fender lines up better to cut more of wheel arch out.