Clutch problems

Just so you all know I'm not a robot or anything. I joined the forum to see if any of you all on here may have had the same issue as me. Thanks for allowing me to join!✌️
I have a 04 sahara that everything... I mean everything is new in the clutch assembly, flywheel, shift fork, release bearing, pilot bearing.New complete master slave sealed kit
and still can't shift into any gear with the engine running. Don't use Just Ask
They are useless.
I made a tool with the old clutch slave steel plate and used a forcing screw from my Snap-on T puller. My fork needs to move 1" to release but the master slave will only move 3/4". No one knows what's wrong with it not even me. I've done several of these and this one is eatting my lunch. This is the 3rd clutch, master sealed unit I've put on it. I've vacuum bled it just in case but nothing.

What brand of clutch et Al did you use?

Body lift?

Everything lined up and went back together straight? Dowells intact?

Fork come out of the ball socket, maybe?

-Mac

What brand of clutch et Al did you use?

Body lift?

Everything lined up and went back together straight? Dowells intact?

Fork come out of the ball socket, maybe?

-Mac

Everything went in great all 3 times smooth as butter! Clutch assembly is from a well known shop here. Ive used them for years and they inspected the assembly when i took it out the 2nd time.Fork and clip new and still intact.

All I can say is I put a Luk clutch kit in and it worked perfectly the first time...granted everything came in and out seven more times when my AX-15 got whiney...shop kept messing up the rebuild until I gave up and bought a new one from Advanced Adapters.

Only thing I can suggest is ordering a Luk...I do have a slightly used one in a box if you want measurements.

-Mac

All I can say is I put a Luk clutch kit in and it worked perfectly the first time...granted everything came in and out seven more times when my AX-15 got whiney...shop kept messing up the rebuild until I gave up and bought a new one from Advanced Adapters.

Only thing I can suggest is ordering a Luk...I do have a slightly used one in a box if you want measurements.

-Mac

I'm gonna take it out again. I didn't put the skid plate on this time I just left the Hobo Frieght jack under it ! In the 55 yrs I've been on this earth and the time I've been a mechanic from cars to heavy equipment I've never had one give me this much trouble. My old TJ went smooth and without issue. I'll find the issue! I don't give up!

Good attitude.

Only thing I can think of is something is a different size...clutch fingers, forks...compare everything to the new one... something is different.

-Mac

Good attitude.

Only thing I can think of is something is a different size...clutch fingers, forks...compare everything to the new one... something is different.

-Mac

Being that is a rebuilt pressure plate and clutch I think this is my problem. Going to order a new one then go from there. Thanks for all your input! 👌

Reactions: macleanflood
Being that is a rebuilt pressure plate and clutch I think this is my problem. Going to order a new one then go from there. Thanks for all your input! 👌

Ok ! I have an update on my clutch not releasing on my 04 TJ. After pulling it three times I found the issue to be the wrong pressure plate. The rebuilt one is on the right and the new LUK clutch assembly is on the left. You can see the difference! Once the new one was in it shifted like butter! No grinding or anything,so if you ever run into a clutch situation on you TJ I hope you will remember my issues ! We all learn something new everyday!

20240211_144107.jpg