Coil spring question

Matt77

TJ Enthusiast
My front passenger coil spring slid over against the back of the wheel assembly. Anyone experience this and know what causes that? I have a picture but it's hard to tell.
20180727_111416.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean or exactly what I am looking at? Can you take a clearer picture and a little further away? I see some contact between the spring and bumpstop tower but that's it...

I'm not sure what you mean or exactly what I am looking at? Can you take a clearer picture and a little further away? I see some contact between the spring and bumpstop tower but that's it...
The lower part of the spring coil slid to the left. It's not centered anymore. So the coil spring is up against the back of the tire assembly.

Here is a clear picture of what things should look like.
c03e86f08ae80bbbc25990b9ad5b5646.jpg

Is the spring fully seated into the mount? There is a groove for the last few inches of spring to fit into.

Reactions: Matt77
The piss poor picture problem is becoming an epidemic around here!

No ill intentions, just funny!

Reactions: Mike_H and Nicholas
I just want to scrub all that gunk off the tie rods so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll have to excuse me, I'm a surf and flats fisherman. Not a rock crawler/desert guy. Salt is a MF. But hey maybe you could tell me if you know any products I can spray on the undercarriage to neutralize rust? And new end links are on the list. They're 2 pieces not one solid.

Reactions: Nicholas
I
Is the spring seated in the upper perch properly? It looks off to one side.
It is off to the left and I was wondering if someone could tell me how or why that happened? And how to fix it? Does it look like I should get new springs? There is a small crack in one. Other people told me they're fine just fix it and put it back.

Ok..so to get much help we're gonna need to see better pics. Take one from a distance to get the entire spring assembly, one of the upper perch, and one of the lower. It really should look like the opposite side though. It is possible the wheel assembly dropped enough to allow the spring to unseat but you did not say you were wheeling.

Also a cracked spring is failing and should be replaced. It can be welded but it will effect the spring's action.

Reactions: Matt77
The piss poor picture problem is becoming an epidemic around here!

No ill intentions, just funny!
I'll get you a better one tomorrow. But the FN coil spring slid off center to the left on the bottom. How much more description do you need. Yall are being ass whipes lol. Here for help I get told about rust/ shitty pictures. Let me inspect all yours. Hahaha

Reactions: JMT