Color match spray paint

so I can make my outdrive pretty again before I sell my boat for a motorhome!
What are the two best days of one's life with a boat?

The day one buys it and the day one sells it.

Reactions: Daryl
Ok. I checked amazon, found the alodine, but not the prep. Will need to figure this out by spring, so I can make my outdrive pretty again before I sell my boat for a motorhome!

This is what we do to all aluminum parts on aircraft.

sand and clean with alcohol

alodine

spray Cromate primer

paint with topcoat.

keep in mind this is aircraft and held to the highest standards. You can get away with just standing with 220 grit clean then cromate prime.

Unlikely he'll find cromate primer in California with our insane regs. Epoxy or self etching primer maybe. The Alumiprep deep cleans the aluminum and removes any oxidation. The alodine coating protects the bare aluminum from re-oxidizing for a short time, but should be primed as soon as possible.

Reactions: JMT
What are the two best days of one's life with a boat?

The day one buys it and the day one sells it.
Not true in my case. I'll be sad to see it go, but we just don't use it anymore, since my wife has a disease that essentially makes her allergic to the sun. Its not so bad that she has to completely cover up, but being on the boat, with all the reflected UV from the water, is tough on her.

Reactions: JMT
So I couldn’t find any zinc chromate, I read some of the ones on amazon haven’t actually had zinc chromate in them since the 2010s. I think the search on Rust-Oleums site to the best of my understanding is anywhere that carries any Rust-Oleum product.

I ended getting some sand paper, Por metal prep and SEM self etching primer (it advertises aluminum and saw some people praising it on what appeared to be pilot forums). Will report back how it works.

Also got some color match in a spray can and SEM 1k clear coat

based on the recommendations on this thread I'm looking at buying some cans from automotivetouchup.com to paint a set of half doors FLame Red to match my TJ:

1- how many cans of paint do I need;

2- for the primer, how many cans do I need, and also, they sell a red primer, I assume that's the way to go?

3- how many cans of clear coat do I need?

This is what we do to all aluminum parts on aircraft.

sand and clean with alcohol

alodine

spray Cromate primer

paint with topcoat.
how to clear lungs of spray paint
keep in mind this is aircraft and held to the highest standards. You can get away with just standing with 220 grit clean then cromate prime.

Heyiv got a 88 FC with a 302 swap (sorry no hate for the rotary, my car came with a bad motor and 300lbs of torque is really nice) So iv built some custom cheap side skirts DIY style. Pretty pumped on they way they came out but need to match the paint to the cars paint.

So what do you guys do for paint? I don't really have a way to spray it with a spray gun right now. I know there is one website that I can order the paint from (Paint code A1) But has anyone tried the color match paint at the auto parts store (duplicolor)? But none of the paints in the store say for a Mazda in my gold. I was thinking of just trying a color that was close? Trying to get the paint for around $20 to keep in my $50 budget for the side skirts.

Hopping I can get enough paint from one can to do both side skirts and a front lip, then do the pop up light covers because they are faded.

Going to try doing the aluminum part of my rockers my self, as I plan on getting the whole Jeep repainted in a year or two and then I’ll have them professionally done.

For my black (PX8?) is mopar paint the way to go or any of the other brands recommended? I saw there was all sorts on amazon and of course duplicolor.

Do dealers sell the mopar spray paint?

1B58753B-AB56-4FBB-BBD0-786A84AEC993.jpeg