Could you be shamed into not eating meat?

I

Maybe where you live. Growing up in Iowa all our deer eat corn. That’s why we shot so many, too try to keep the crop damage down. I’d take our beef over venison anyway, not even close. Many people switched from grass fed to ours.

Sadly the herd was sold so I too now have to buy from farmers.
Where I live the blacktail deer eat an extremely varied and wild diet. You're right corn fed deer probably lacks a lot of the wild diet benefits.

Reactions: Apparition
Never, I love eating meat. People are also idiots and have no idea how nature works. Back in college I took a wildlife management class where we did a study on suburban deer management. Hunting is the best possible thing to help with local deer herds. In fact a decrease in hunting over generations has led to an increase in starvation, disease, and traffic accidents with deer herds. Those fucking environmentalists are just ignorant, because they don't understand that being shot in the heart with a rifle is the most humane and quick death a deer will ever have.

As far as beef, I try to eat as much grass-fed beef I can, as it is way better for you and more humanely raised. You pay more for it, but you notice a difference in taste.

no, but because I don’t experience shame. But if some group of Karens tried to fight me over buying some hamburger meat, I’d probably stop. Not because of shame, but because they are violent.

Reactions: Rick Flair
And for another side of things. I did keto for 18 months. Watched my LDL’s and HDL’s go down, BP and heart rate. Lost 70 pounds.

This wasn’t going totally MEAT if your not familiar with keto, but it’s a fat based diet that includes meat and veggies.

Experienced better sleep, mindfulness and felt better.

I attribute most of that to eating “clean”. No grains, no sugar, little carbs.

I’ll raise my own meats in a few months and get back to it. Best I felt in my life. Animals deserve respect and honor. Raising your own gives you 100% control, just like fishing and hunting does too.

Definitely not giving up meat!

Personally I like to get my meats from natures supermarket. Deer, Elk, Halibut, Ling Cod, Chinook & Coho Salmon, and throw in some tasty Dungeoness Crab are just some of my favorites.
There's another side of getting your meat from the wild. The enjoyment of hunting and fishing makes me appreciate the game I take and to waste nothing. It's also one of the best outings you can do with family and friends.
If you've ever had your adrenaline pumping at the sight of a 1000lb Roosevelt bull elk, or when a 30lb+ Chinook peels line off your reel, or playing tug-of-war with a big halibut then you know what I'm saying.
I do buy some pork from the butcher since I like to make pork sausage.

Funny thing about the people trying to control others is, they don't like people trying to control them.

Definitely not giving up meat!

Personally I like to get my meats from natures supermarket. Deer, Elk, Halibut, Ling Cod, Chinook & Coho Salmon, and throw in some tasty Dungeoness Crab are just some of my favorites.
There's another side of getting your meat from the wild. The enjoyment of hunting and fishing makes me appreciate the game I take and to waste nothing. It's also one of the best outings you can do with family and friends.
If you've ever had your adrenaline pumping at the sight of a 1000lb Roosevelt bull elk, or when a 30lb+ Chinook peels line off your reel, or playing tug-of-war with a big halibut then you know what I'm saying.
I do buy some pork from the butcher since I like to make pork sausage.

Funny thing about the people trying to control others is, they don't like people trying to control them.
Fishing for halibut is like fighting with a living sheet of plywood. Fun but exhausting.

But I went to Homer for the Halibut

Fishing for halibut is like fighting with a living sheet of plywood. Fun but exhausting.

But I went to Homer for the Halibut
Off the Oregon Coast the record is like 120lbs.
A 50-60lb Halibut is nice Halibut and when they get to the top and speared, they go nuts!

The ones that suck are Skates (like sting rays) and about 6ft across are just like a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Not edible to me!

Off the Oregon Coast the record is like 120lbs.
A 50-60lb Halibut is nice Halibut and when they get to the top and speared, they go nuts!

The ones that suck are Skates (like sting rays) and about 6ft across are just like a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Not edible to me!
I can’t recall how big of ones we caught in Alaska but I can recall it being a lot of work.

Stupid fucks, they're just pot-stirrers who want to go against the grain on everything that is normal. PETA should go harass lions, bears, tigers, alligators, fish, eagles, hawks, etc. too for eating meat. Everything we eat is based on something that was living at one time. Stupid fucks.

First time we fished for halibut was at tamales point in CA it was a beautiful day. smooth as glass, we were using a tin boat and we got the first one, about 30lbs got it in the boat, let it lay on the bottom of the boat, everything was smooth and thought dang that was pretty cool. All of a sudden that dang thing came alive and beat the crap out of that boat and every thing in its way. Scared me half to death. I thought for sure it was going knock my son in law out of the boat. We learned after that to "dispatch" those guys as soon as they get in the boat.
The moral of the story is that they are good eating

You'll never want for utter craziness if you look to PETA!
Did someone say udder ?

5de6e3184ae8c.image.jpg

Maybe where you live. Growing up in Iowa all our deer eat corn. That’s why we shot so many, too try to keep the crop damage down. I’d take our beef over venison anyway, not even close. Many people switched from grass fed to ours.
We were in the same situation . . . sort of. Reasoning was different.
Why pour the $feed$ to a beef we were going to eat . . . . we punched a Mule deer whenever we needed to stock up the larder.