cranks but no start

bluedemon

Well My TJ 4.0 will not start at all. It cranks but it won't start. Compression is good. Fuel pressure is good and it has spark. When it cranks it is a little weird. The battery is brand new and fully charged but when you turn to crank the engine it will crank fast then suddenly it will sound like the battery is dead and then it will crank fast then slow. I am being told from mechanics that it sounds like it is out of time and that either a "key" could of got sheared off on one of the timing gear pulleys or the timing chain jumped a couple of teeth. I would think I would of heard that "clanging" around when it was running if it was that loose but I didn't. Thank you for any advise you can give me guys!!

Well My TJ 4.0 will not start at all. It cranks but it won't start. Compression is good. Fuel pressure is good and it has spark. When it cranks it is a little weird. The battery is brand new and fully charged but when you turn to crank the engine it will crank fast then suddenly it will sound like the battery is dead and then it will crank fast then slow. I am being told from mechanics that it sounds like it is out of time and that either a "key" could of got sheared off on one of the timing gear pulleys or the timing chain jumped a couple of teeth. I would think I would of heard that "clanging" around when it was running if it was that loose but I didn't. Thank you for any advise you can give me

Check the crank position sensor