Cruise control not working

This may be my issue, replaced the servo, did smoke test vac lines are good, light comes on but will not set and all wires from servo to ecm are good. Was the repair made inside the cab?
And I also changed the brake switch

If the light comes on but it won't set, I would actually check the switch in the steering wheel. Either it isn't making the connection due to dust and grit in the contacts, or the section of the switch that holds the contact is cracked and that is not allowing the contacts to, well, contact.

Once you have the "set" issue resolved, check the bowden cable for slop at the throttle body. If it's sloppy, you can get a number of small rubber washers to slip over the end and take up the slack between the bracket and the cable end.

Last edited:
If the light comes on but it won't set, I would actually check the switch in the steering wheel. Either it isn't making the connection due to dust and grit in the contacts, or the section of the switch that holds the contact is cracked and that is not allowing the contacts to, well, contact.

Once you have the "set" issue resolved, check the bowden cable for slop at the throttle body. If it's sloppy, you can get a number of small rubber washers to slip over the end and take up the slack between the bracket and the cable end.
@glowell222
Thanks for the idea of the switch. I pulled the switch and one of the contacts was heavily corroded. I attempted to clean with precision screwdriver and it broke. Just got new switches installed today and my cruise is up and running.

This is vaguely thread hijacky but... I didn't think TJs HAD cruise control. Mine doesn't unless it's magic. Was it an option on the rubis I guess?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
My 02 TJ Sahara 5 speed has cruise control. Light comes on but cruise control won't engage