Curious about stereos

If I remember right, yours is a Chinese radio that is not available anymore? I remember being jealous when you bought it, and when I went to buy it, it was not available anymore.

That is encouraging though

The new model is even better; it runs a much newer android OS, has more ram, and a better CPU.

Edit:

http://www.roadnavi.com/product/m201-jeep-wrangler-media-satnav-2003-06/

There ya go.

I can’t vouch for this one, but it seems to be a tad newer:

https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscr...l-control-mirror-link-1080p-tv-usb-sd-s23838e

I really like the roadnavi one, even though it’s older... they’ve certainly worked out the majority of the kinks on it. The only bug I’m aware of is that you have to do some minor wire mods (switching) to get it to power the factory sub.

Last edited:
The new model is even better; it runs a much newer android OS, has more ram, and a better CPU.

Edit:

http://www.roadnavi.com/product/m201-jeep-wrangler-media-satnav-2003-06/

There ya go.

I can’t vouch for this one, but it seems to be a tad newer:

https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscr...l-control-mirror-link-1080p-tv-usb-sd-s23838e

I really like the roadnavi one, even though it’s older... they’ve certainly worked out the majority of the kinks on it. The only bug I’m aware of is that you have to do some minor wire mods (switching) to get it to power the factory sub.
Damn now i want to do my 97 to 03 dash upgrade sooner...... still working out the wiring problems and AC box change. But that does look sexy

Reactions: ac_
I should also add that I did find one a couple months ago that had the very latest Android and came with a rear backup camera and the no splice harness. It was impressive and about the same price.

Really though, I can’t complain about mine at all. I don’t care what version of Android it runs as king as long as I can still run Plex, Netflix, whatever music/movie player I want, and google nav.

Damn now i want to do my 97 to 03 dash upgrade sooner...... still working out the wiring problems and AC box change. But that does look sexy

Check out my thread about “best mod I’ve done” or something like that. I’ve got pics and such.

My son loves riding around watching movies and music videos. Sometimes he likes to play the John Cena theme song from YouTube that loops for 12 hours.

I installed a Pioneer head that is radio only with Blutooth to my phone for music and hands free phone. Works fine, no messages. 6.5 in speakers in the sound bar, sub woofer plus 2 6x9s in boxes in the back and some 5.5 inch dash speakers micky'd in there. Two amps power the lot of it. Not much money involved, not looking for purist audiophile sounds in a Jeep. Loud enough to drown out wide gnarly tires when I desire it. I did this as much for the hell of it because it had a stereo there when I got it. Jeep and subtle are two words that don't belong in the same sentence. My phone has navigation and a screen.

I should also add that I did find one a couple months ago that had the very latest Android and came with a rear backup camera and the no splice harness. It was impressive and about the same price.

Really though, I can’t complain about mine at all. I don’t care what version of Android it runs as king as long as I can still run Plex, Netflix, whatever music/movie player I want, and google nav.

Funny! Plex, Netflix...

Few months back I installed this Android 8.0 HU into my truck (2010 Tundra). Some off-brand from China's Alibaba. I've done useless things like adding an HD antenna, who really needs/wants live TV while driving?

IMG_20180722_152733.jpg

I run a Pioneer DEH-80PRS with a JL Audio XD 800W 8 Channel amp, no gadgets, no government regulated warning signs, just amazing audio.

I run a Pioneer DEH-80PRS with a JL Audio XD 800W 8 Channel amp, no gadgets, no government regulated warning signs, just amazing audio.
Yours isn't a touch screen.

That's what baffles me. It tells me that I can get in a crash or die if I don't pay attention to the road, but it is a button I have to push on the screen to make it go away before I can listen to music. It is amazingly stupid! And it is every time I turn my radio on. So If I run to the store then the post office then the bar then home that is 4 times in one outing that I have to push the button while driving. The last one can be dicey haha.

That’s my point, if you don’t want the nonsense then get a no nonsense stereo, really no need for touch screens, sounds like you have traded a few conveniences for some inconveniences. if the button presses are tough to live with then get a different stereo or study the firmware updates ;)

That’s my point, if you don’t want the nonsense then get a no nonsense stereo, really no need for touch screens, sounds like you have traded a few conveniences for some inconveniences. if the button presses are tough to live with then get a different stereo or study the firmware updates ;)

I like the radio other than that! If I can take care of it with a firmware upgrade that would be awesome, but that is kind of why I posted to see if anybody already had first hand knowledge of defeating it.

Reactions: Reign Mack
I like the radio other than that! If I can take care of it with a firmware upgrade that would be awesome, but that is kind of why I posted to see if anybody already had first hand knowledge of defeating it.
I can totally understand the frustration, the sony I previously had used to drive me up the wall becuase of an extra button press i needed to do each time. There also used to be some regulation here were all equipment had to warn the user about turning the volume up too high o_O

I can totally understand the frustration, the sony I previously had used to drive me up the wall becuase of an extra button press i needed to do each time. There also used to be some regulation here were all equipment had to warn the user about turning the volume up too high o_O

I don't understand that? Why not just put in the packing with the radio. It is not stopping us to turn it up or we wouldn't buy the product. Who is that warning for? Is anybody going "hey this is warning me not to turn it up, so I won't," and do they think they are safe from lawsuits because there is a button they made you push.

First of all, can you prove that your child lost their hearing listening to headphones, then if it does go to court, is the court going to say, sorry you lose the lawsuit because your child hit the cancel button, and turned it up anyway? If they were truly worried about us turning it up loud, then they would just make it not so loud where we can't, then we have an option to add an amplifier to the mix or find the loudest product. I don't think the manufacturer nor the government should mandate how loud we listen to music, because you don't know how we are going to use the product. Like say if we are going to use headphones or crank in a speaker in a loud party.

I know I kind of went off track with the headphones thing, but I think the volume warning is just as obnoxious as the pop up on the car stereo.

Honestly that is why I have an iphone because every android I've had has a pop up everytime I start a music app. Iphones don't, so I don't think it is a government mandated thing. I don't really understand where it is coming from, but where ever it isn't scaring off Apple.

Riding around on my motorcycle if my bluetooth disconnected on my android then reconnected, I couldn't hear my music because there was a pop up that I have to push to turn the volume up, and of course the phone is locked so I couldn't do it while riding. That was so frustrating to the point where I had to change to an Iphone, so I could listen to my music on my motorcycle without interruption.

blame culture/nanny state/ people not taking responsibility for their own actions and lawsuits...
The european community intruduced an 85dB limit back in 2013, its likely the version of iOS released in your country would not have had it but all devices released after this date had it in europe including apple products you could easily override it though even without having to jailbreak the device.

you could easily override it though even without having to jailbreak the device.

So what is the point? Europe should stop telling us how loud we listen to our music especially when they don't know how we are listening to it like I said before.

What if I am in my shop welding up some body parts, and I am bluetoothing to a speaker, but I cannot hear it because I am also eating Snap Crackle Pop cereal? I might need it about 85db and I don't need anybody telling me I can't do that.

Wow I didn't realize how sensitive to this I really was or maybe passionate? I think we are too far with pop up warnings and labels. I don't think they are saving any lawsuits, but they are definitely losing customers well android lost me to iphone because of it, so maybe just me, but it could have been another 700 bucks they could have had if they let me be an adult.

My Android has that pop up. I just turn the phone volume down and turn up my HU to the proper volume that suits me. Over regulation is teh debil!

My Android has that pop up. I just turn the phone volume down and turn up my HU to the proper volume that suits me. Over regulation is teh debil!

Too dangerous while riding the motorcycle or driving the car. That is my main complaint and this: "Over regulation is teh debil!"

So what is the point? Europe should stop telling us how loud we listen to our music especially when they don't know how we are listening to it like I said before.

What if I am in my shop welding up some body parts, and I am bluetoothing to a speaker, but I cannot hear it because I am also eating Snap Crackle Pop cereal? I might need it about 85db and I don't need anybody telling me I can't do that.

Wow I didn't realize how sensitive to this I really was or maybe passionate? I think we are too far with pop up warnings and labels. I don't think they are saving any lawsuits, but they are definitely losing customers well android lost me to iphone because of it, so maybe just me, but it could have been another 700 bucks they could have had if they let me be an adult.
I guess the point is that you are warned when you approach the 85dB limit, it’s your choice to go over it and risk perminant ear damage. A bit like red lining the Rev counter on your vehicle. You are still free to do as you please but expect something to go wrong after prolonged use. Worth bearing in mind that a great deal of these products are used by kids in this day and age.

I agree though, a warning label informing us that a bag of nuts could contain traces of nuts is doing a great disservice to the gene pool in the long run.