Current Atlas Wait Thread

with a manual... Yes rocking back and forth shifting two-handed similar to an auto works well. Sometimes you get lucky shifting with little effort while rolling in Neutral.

Reactions: B00mb00m
The 2 speed is even shorter and allows for better driveline angles in the rear. With my setup (UCF Ultra High Clearance tummy tuck, Atlas 2 speed) my rear drive shaft length was a little over 20" which is nice. The front driveshaft did get shorter as a result, but not enough to cause me any issues. A 4 speed Atlas would be sweet though, but I'm very happy with my 5.0:1 so far.
Any issues with front driveshaft bind at full droop?

Any issues with front driveshaft bind at full droop?
None that I have noticed. I even have a slightly shorter front driveshaft since my Atlas output yokes are 1350. Axle sides are still 1310, but am building for the future a bit.

I have a 1330 front output and a 1310/1350 flange CV rear output. At full droop, my front DS had a slight bind.. Almost non-existent but I had to grind down some of the yoke a bit. Compared to a 241 (not sure of 231 dimensions) My rear DS was lengthened 3.5" and the front DS was shortened nearly 4"

119789376_10158406620232419_3584014724590460166_o.jpg

Reactions: Sj's TJ and toximus
I have a 1330 front output and a 1310/1350 flange CV rear output. At full droop, my front DS had a slight bind.. Almost non-existent but I had to grind down some of the yoke a bit. Compared to a 241 (not sure of 231 dimensions) My rear DS was lengthened 3.5" and the front DS was shortened nearly 4"

View attachment 230632
I was a dummy and didn't take a before measurement on the front driveshaft, only the rear. My rear was almost 3" longer than before. I'll need to check the CV on the front and see if its touching anywhere.

Well, emailed Dave’s today. My 4sp isn’t expected to even start building til 5/7☹️. I’m thinking July before I even see it.
Its ok this is your support group. We are here to help. Just think you have a couple months before you have to hammer the shit out of everything. :) 4 speed looks like a lot of work.

Its ok this is your support group. We are here to help. Just think you have a couple months before you have to hammer the shit out of everything. :) 4 speed looks like a lot of work.
This. We are here for you. When I ordered my 4 speed it took nearly a year.

(I guess that‘s why I don’t get invited to a lot of support groups...)

:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: B00mb00m
47 sheet metal screws, half of them stripped, old air duct hammered flat so it almost covers the hole, duct tape after to fix the gaps. Or at least that's how all the HVAC guys I know do it.
:unsure: now that you mention it, that does sound like a familiar solution.