Current Atlas Wait Thread

I await the opportunity for comparison!

Im not sure but it looked like it was just a 6" offset instead of 5.5"
What shifters did you go with? I'm wanting levers, not cable style, and I think I may have to make my own. I want it down and behind, so I can just reach down, not forward at all.

What shifters did you go with? I'm wanting levers, not cable style, and I think I may have to make my own. I want it down and behind, so I can just reach down, not forward at all.
I went with the universal TJ kit, I'll take a pic of the ZJ shifters when they get here maybe they could work for you

Reactions: pcoplin
I want levers too but need to figure out how to seal the tub up from water.

Reactions: B00mb00m
I asked Advanced about the shifters when I placed my order. Orren told me the "97-02 Auto" kit works well on all TJ configurations (trans, TT, etc.) for the 2-speed. I didn't have any trouble. In fact, I thought shifter layout and link adjustment was the easiest part of the install, aside from having to climb up and down to get into the cab with the Jeep on a 2-post.

@B00mb00m , is your TJ a Rubicon?

Last edited:
I want levers too but need to figure out how to seal the tub up from water.
I had to cut my tub a little to accommodate the shift tower. I put in some new sheet metal that I put rtv under so it acts like a gasket. The provided boots went over that and I covered it all up with a bunch of duct tape over the top for good measure. It's been working we for me so far.

I had to cut my tub a little to accommodate the shift tower. I put in some new sheet metal that I put rtv under so it acts like a gasket. The provided boots went over that and I covered it all up with a bunch of duct tape over the top for good measure. It's been working we for me so far.
DSC_5116.JPG

I asked Advanced about the shifters when I placed my order. Orren told me the "97-02 Auto" kit works well on all TJ configurations (trans, TT, etc.) for the 2-speed. I didn't have any trouble. In fact, I thought shifter layout and link adjustment was the easiest part of the install, aside from having to climb up and down to get into the cab with the Jeep on a 2-post.

@B00mb00m , is your TJ a Rubicon?
No just an 04 auto lj

Oh they're that well packaged are they?
The only thing I'm going to say is don't throw away any piece of foam that is smaller than what you think is the smallest part Advanced sends with the case. My guess is that would be the e-clips for holding the shift lever adapters onto the pins since a layer of foam was sprayed down and then the parts bag was opened and the parts inside spread pretty evenly and then covered with a layer of foam. Remember the motto, do no harm. If they are embedded in foam, they can't get damaged.

We were not aware that 6 cans of spray foam will actually bow a 19" x 22" piece of 3/8" plywood outward when it expands, but it will.
I don't want to sound ungrateful but you may have been overzealous in the no harm category.

The packaging has been thoroughly described to me. It is so densely crammed together, I fear it might generate it's own gravity. Open with care.

Last edited:
The packaging has been thoroughly described to go me. It is so densely crammed together, I fear it might generate it's own gravity. Open with care using a carbide tooth chain saw.
Fixed it some since all the fasteners that hold the crate together are on the inside and the industrial strength construction adhesive is holding the lid in place. That and the foam promised it was also an adhesive so the lid should be glued very well to the case.

Reactions: B00mb00m
We were not aware that 6 cans of spray foam will actually bow a 19" x 22" piece of 3/8" plywood outward when it expands, but it will.
You think you put in more expanding foam than AA does? I had more foam than rubicrawler by far. It was fun to get rid of.