Currie passenger axle side bracket bushing install

burghermike

While installing the ce9102K, the upper control arm bushing on the passenger side I noticed an awkward fit. The pass side doesn’t seat entirely down on the axle. Has anyone installed this part and did you have problems

BAC9578B-3FF6-4A48-BBC1-E67BE7D805AC.jpeg

42300E8C-9581-4457-91CD-F69FC9CF6550.jpeg

4AA63A79-719D-4CB1-B8E1-010576532DB5.jpeg

Yeah that is how it fits. You are OK to just weld it around the sheet metal mount. Really no need to try to weld it to the tube at the bottom.

When we did mine we plug welded the hole on the mount.

Thank you Lou, the tolerance was tight to install the actual seating seemed a little off. Watched a video from Bullshit corner and he seemed to have the same concerns. Overall the piece is BEEFY. This will complete my Currie build for the meantime. They make a really nice product. Thanks for the response and input. I’ll weld her up

It depends if it's cast or plate. If it's cast, you want a long cool down. If it's plate you should be fine.
EDIT: Looks like plate from the pics...but don't quote me on that :LOL:

If you can't remove the JJ, weld it in stages and use a wet towel.

Just had mine installed a couple weeks ago. Told the guy how to install and when I got it back he cut the stock bracket completely off and just welded the tombstone directly to the axle. It’s welded on there good but I would have felt better if it had some bracing on there. Should I worry or leave it be?