Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

I know you think you're a scientist and all, but most "normal" people would simply call those 4x4's....
I was going for some kind of efficiency to show that my new blocks are both smaller and larger than the old blocks were without getting into nominal and rough cut lumber. 😂

I was going for some kind of efficiency to show that my new blocks are both smaller and larger than the old blocks were without getting into nominal and rough cut lumber. 😂
Surface area is a fun ambiguous way to describe things, you could really confuse the masses.

Reactions: jjvw
How's this? I went from 2.041 board feet of blocking to 4.667 board feet of blocking. Is that any more clear?

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Surface area is not ambiguous at all. It's very defined. The product of length and width.
If you quote in square feet it absolutely is. There’s no way to reverse what size block was used with only that unit. “I chalked my wheels with 4 square feet of wood”, now tell me if it did anything!

• Haha
Reactions: strumble8 and jjvw
If you quote in square feet it absolutely is. There’s no way to reverse what size block was used with only that unit. “I chalked my wheels with 4 square feet of wood”, now tell me if it did anything!
<pulls out a sheet of veneer>

Reactions: rasband
And now it is very clear why the geometry correction bracket thread went to complete shit...:cool:

1456418706341533922015~3.jpg

And now it is very clear why the geometry correction bracket thread went to complete shit...:cool:
It went to complete shit due to a very simple thing. If you employ the following statement PRN, with authority, and with a high level of frequency, the point gets made and they will figure it out or not but at least you don't have to type out lengthy explanations that are not going to change anyone's mind about anything.

Those of you who think you know what you are talking about really annoy the ever living fuck out of those of us who do.