Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

I did something weird. My reworked exhaust from last weekend was too loud. So I bought a bunch of stainless steel scrubbie pads and a some stainless screen to make a muffler out of the hollowed out third cat.
View attachment 322745

A tube of paper was used to keep the middle of the cat shell open while I stuffed in a bunch of pads.
View attachment 322746

Then I inserted a tube of screen inside the paper tube to keep the pads in place and burned out the paper with alcohol and a torch.
View attachment 322747

View attachment 322748

Now the exhaust with my $15 homemade muffler is almost as quiet as my old Thrush Hush muffler was. This is exciting!
have you been talking to @custommuffler ?

All the way out the back behind the rear tire.
I haven’t followed enough to know what your exhaust is like but cats + muffler + tailpipe makes for a quiet exhaust compared to any configuration dumping before the axle.

Reactions: jjvw
I haven’t followed enough to know what your exhaust is like but cats + muffler + tailpipe makes for a quiet exhaust compared to any configuration dumping before the axle.
Eventually I'll replace the cat and get a real muffler in there. I just need to make room for all of that.

I just undid that last Saturday.
This is the best picture I have of my exhaust. Magnaflow cat pushed forward, maganflow muffler, and a tailpipe. I used to have a banks muffler and that thing was so loud with a dump it was ridiculous.

5BD72457-B6DA-4BA4-99B1-61E6A06B07F7.png

This is the best picture I have of my exhaust. Magnaflow cat pushed forward, maganflow muffler, and a tailpipe. I used to have a banks muffler and that thing was so loud with a dump it was ridiculous.

View attachment 322767
That's close to the arrangement I had. The muffler was too fat inside the Savvy skid and rattled a bit too much and a whole lot more after the hanger broke.

I don't want to put much money into fixing the exhaust until after the fuel cell and stretch are done. Then space won't be an issue.