Dana 30 / 44 Options & Plans

I think I have heard MORE people complain about their selectable lockers after installing them due to issues with either air lines or electrical issues than those who disliked their auto lockers. Now I am talking about full case auto lockers like a Detroit locker and not the lunch box lockers.

But it also depends on where you live and the type of weather you drive in. If you live where it snows a lot of people do not like auto lockers because of the way they can affect handling in snow & icy conditions. This would be the biggest reason to go with selectable lockers over auto lockers if you have winter road conditions.
Winter road conditions aren't a huge issue for me. I would like selectable lockers, but something like a Detroit would run around $500 each compared to an ARB at $1000 each. Plus the cost of installing on board air. Is an ARB or Eaton worth twice the price? I tend to think no...at least for me. But, I have never used a locker so I'm not sure.

Reactions: Wildman
I live in south central OK., we get snow for MAYBE a week out of the year total. We do get ice occasionally though. I would say Ice/snow is a non issue for me.
The PoweTrax No Slip Is a great lunchbox for a DD. No clicking, invisible. $400 and you can DIY.

a Detroit rear is basically indestructible. if you can stay off the gas in the corners it’s something you get used too after a couple of days. $650.

you’ll be unstoppable.

I run the PowerTrax up front and I now live in E WA, we get snow and ice. It’s not a problem. Rear is an e-locker. Love it. Only reason I went w selectable is the snow factor. Helps me turn when I turn it off.

Do you mean "lunchbox" lockers like the Aussie locker?
I had one in front for a while and wasn't a fan. The main reason was because driving in 4WD on the street with snow, it made it really hard to steer.
If you Had unlocked the rear it should’ve been no problem. The main problem on snow and ice isn’t the lunchbox locker but the rear locked and pushing the front. Even Dave Kishpaugh thinks an auto front locker is the way to go in PNW. I have the setup and no complaints in PNW. The OP is in OK. I used to live in TX. I would lunchbox front and Detroit in the rear and be unstoppable. If you don’t like the lunchbox, pull it, do the regear and selectable at that time, and sell it.