Dash light not turning off

Dougleshinsky

Just recently I got back home after being away for 5 months, to my 2003 TJ's battery dead. I swapped out the battery and thats when the problem started. At first it was just a slight clicking that could be heard in the main cab of the jeep. Then after I fully turned it on it sounded like my Lane indicators were going off non-stop. and that was when i noticed my Fog Lamp indicator was on, but since its mid day my lights are off. If i turn on my turn signal the fog lamp indicator goes out. When i turn my Jeep off the Fog Lamp Indicator stays on and the clicking of the relay for the turn signal indicator stays on. Any possible answers or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Just recently I got back home after being away for 5 months, to my 2003 TJ's battery dead. I swapped out the battery and thats when the problem started. At first it was just a slight clicking that could be heard in the main cab of the jeep. Then after I fully turned it on it sounded like my Lane indicators were going off non-stop. and that was when i noticed my Fog Lamp indicator was on, but since its mid day my lights are off. If i turn on my turn signal the fog lamp indicator goes out. When i turn my Jeep off the Fog Lamp Indicator stays on and the clicking of the relay for the turn signal indicator stays on. Any possible answers or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Stuck relay? Pretty cheap to swap it out to check. Or you could remove, beat, and replace the existing relay. 😁 Also, maybe drive the Jeep around some to let the computer relearn everything.

Could rodents have chewed something while you were away?

Welcome to the forum btw.

Thanks for the warm welcoming, When i pull the relay that flicks the indicator it still keeps the Fog Lamp indicator wrong so maybe rodents. I'm not to sure. I'm not the most Jeep savvy.

Rodents can be a rough one man, and in the future if you put Bounce branded dryer sheets around the car (can put em under the hood if you plan on letting it sit for a bit) it helps keep mice and chipmunks away, old detailing guy I knew swore by it and they've left mine alone with food inside but I drive it daily

Also give the terminals a good look and see if they are corroded or frayed, along with giving the fuses a once over

Reactions: ejay
Thanks for the warm welcoming, When i pull the relay that flicks the indicator it still keeps the Fog Lamp indicator wrong so maybe rodents. I'm not to sure. I'm not the most Jeep savvy.

Follow the wires from the lights the best you can. Same from the wiring harness under the dash. Look for breaks or shorts. That would be the easiest way to tell if rodents chewed the wires. Do they turn on at all?

Reactions: ModerndayMuffler
Rodents can be a rough one man, and in the future if you put Bounce branded dryer sheets around the car (can put em under the hood if you plan on letting it sit for a bit) it helps keep mice and chipmunks away, old detailing guy I knew swore by it and they've left mine alone with food inside but I drive it daily

Also give the terminals a good look and see if they are corroded or frayed, along with giving the fuses a once over
Yeah i didn't plan on being gone for nearly as long as i was, or i would have done a better storing job.

Reactions: ModerndayMuffler