Dash lights going crazy

Winks42

TJ Enthusiast
Well as a pulled into my driveway my dash lights went crazy. Didn't hit a bump or anything. I fixed it by turning my turn signal left but was wonder what caused this or what needs replaced as I assume this will happen again

Last edited:
I can’t play your video, but connectors on the back of the instrument cluster have affected more than a few folks. Seems like it’s usually either corrosion or the ground fingers that aren’t making good contact. There are a few threads on here about cleaning them up.

Reactions: Winks42
I can’t play your video, but connectors on the back of the instrument cluster have affected more than a few folks. Seems like it’s usually either corrosion or the ground fingers that aren’t making good contact. There are a few threads on here about cleaning them up.
yea when I bought the jeep I had the dash going blank issue and fixed it by cleaning the ground/connectors behind the dash. Ill pull the cluster again in the morning to see what's up. Other than that the only thing I have been seeing is the dimmer being the issue.