Death wobble to small wobble?

This is such a good post....

And real typical of what can need done to get one of these back to its original performance

Tires can easily get to a point that you really can't get them balanced perfectly or even if the machine shows good balance they can have feathering, weak belts and all sorts of issues that vary with speed and pressure...

There's nothing faulty with the front end design of a TJ.. a coil spring /track bar front end can be found on vehicles all over the world in massive numbers.

The post above is a good example of how the tires can generate the problem and whatever state the front end components are in can play into the severity...by however much movement they allow.

There is no substitute for a good tight well align front end and quality, well balanced tires.
Thanks for link! I ordered the kit as well as new tires. Once all Installed I’ll come back and report if it fixed it or not and I’ll let you guys know the other stuff I replaced too

thanks

This is a great response and opened my eyes some. Thank you for taking the time to write all of that! I will definitely heed your words, thanks again
Thank you.. I didn't mean to write a book... I get a little carried away sometimes.

Death wobble is really scary but the things that end up causing it really aren't that major....serious , but small tolerance and tire balance issues is all ...just get all that spinning ..and wham.

Reactions: Mcnenc1
Thank you.. I didn't mean to write a book... I get a little carried away sometimes.

Death wobble is really scary but the things that end up causing it really aren't that major....serious , but small tolerance and tire balance issues is all ...just get all that spinning ..and wham.
No way, I love good quality info and tips. I enjoyed the read.
I can’t agree more. Once the new tires are on and I change out all the control arms I’ll come back and post the steps I took and what fixed it and so on. Just waiting on shipping - the worse

Reactions: AndyG
It will be fine ... Sometimes it takes a few tries to dial everything in and get it where you want it but you will.

I've had zerks that simply refuse to allow grease in. Try replacing them with new ones. Buy a kit of them. I've also had some refuse grease, but put them on a different point and they work perfectly!? So maybe just swapping them around could work. Remove one and see if you can get it to work while removed. You'll need to hold on to the zerk with some needle nose pliers to do this.
That’s so weird!! I just picked up a kit of zerk fittings, about to throw the new ones on

Jerry Bransford made a good point that corrects my light vehicle weight statement ... a TJ is actually dense with all its steel components.

Alright! It’s done! For now... new JKS front adjustable track bar with new tie rods and bushings and new 31inch mudclaw extreme MT tires and of course an alignment.
Death wobble GONE!

there is still some “shimmy” in the front (only at 50-55mph) but I believe its from bad u joints or it could be because my driver side tie rod grease boot blew.. idk but it’ll be replaced soon enough!
Thanks everyone for the help!