Denver detour

Morons. Its actually scary that people put so much faith into something that tells them what to do. Remember the couple that drove into a pond because their GPS told him to?

Reactions: 06TJ35's and B252
Years ago, I was trying to get to Durango but caught in traffic on 285 from a rolled semi near Fairplay. I found an unpaved shortcut on Garmin. I turned around to find it, a few people asked me what I knew, and soon I had a caravan of 10-15 vehicles following me south through open pasture land. As far as I know, everyone survived.

Reminds me of an episode of The Office where Michael Scott drove into the lake because his GPS unit told him too 🤣

Reactions: B252
There was a driver around here a couple of years ago that turned onto a train track and got stuck... There were a bunch of pissed off SLC commuters that morning

PaltryGreenHalicore-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: B252 and KennedyLJ
Years ago, I was trying to get to Durango but caught in traffic on 285 from a rolled semi near Fairplay. I found an unpaved shortcut on Garmin. I turned around to find it, a few people asked me what I knew, and soon I had a caravan of 10-15 vehicles following me south through open pasture land. As far as I know, everyone survived.

Now that sounds awesome 👏

Reactions: jjvw
Here in LA - Google maps is turning certain previously quiet neighborhoods into gridlock. There are many routes around the bad traffic on the interstates. And Google routes everyone onto side streets to get around it. So these formally out of the way areas. Are now inundated with traffic. It's amazing. I've sat in lines for an hour before winding my way thru tiny little residential streets. Wondering "Man this must suck for people that live here!". Property values must have plummeted along these new routes. The traffic just goes bumper to bumper for miles on these side streets.

Here in LA - Google maps is turning certain previously quiet neighborhoods into gridlock. There are many routes around the bad traffic on the interstates. And Google routes everyone onto side streets to get around it. So these formally out of the way areas. Are now inundated with traffic. It's amazing. I've sat in lines for an hour before winding my way thru tiny little residential streets. Wondering "Man this must suck for people that live here!". Property values must have plummeted along these new routes. The traffic just goes bumper to bumper for miles on these side streets.
Sad but true.