Do I need a motor mount lift?

mjtjnj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi all,
Been deconstructing and reconstructing a TJ that had a body lift and 4” of suspension lift. I replaced the entire suspension, swapped to a Dana 44 disc brake rear, with some help.
I left the body lift because it was fine with me and I really didn’t want to swap it back to stock. Not sure the size of body lift.
Anyway, it’s got a motor mount lift in.it, and the engine looks cocked back in the bay. It also had a transfer case drop, which I removed. So bone stock now except the body and motor mount lifts.

I saw some guys run the motor mount lift with the body lift, but I don’t love the pitch of rhe engine. Should I just leave it because I have a body lift, or can I go back to stock motor mounts?

thanks
Tom

The MML helps the rear driveshaft some but really becomes important if you want to any raised belly skid which coincidentally would reduce the engine angle that rubs you wrong.

Why do you want to remove the MML? With a 4” spring lift, it helps the rear drive line, especially if you don’t have a dropped T-case skid. Do you have an SYE?

I'd personally keep the MML and get a raised transfer case skid.

If you plan to stay with the stock height suspension there is no need for MML. Just remember to drill new holes in your fan shroud if you remove it.

Reactions: mjtjnj
Why do you want to remove the MML? With a 4” spring lift, it helps the rear drive line, especially if you don’t have a dropped T-case skid. Do you have an SYE?

I REMOVED the suspension lift.

What type of mounts are they? If poly mounts I would go to a stock rubber mount. Since you have a body lift I would keep the mml. It keeps the fan shroud aligned correctly.

Question in my mind is, what size is the body lift? 1 inch body lift will get a very different answer from a 3 inch body lift.