Does anyone else see the resemblance

Boinked

TJ Expert
Was looking at a few HMMWV today and it crosses my mind they look real close.

71Gqi7MGhCL._SX425_.jpg

1078702682_5989302961001_5989298359001-vs.jpg

Even closer with the doors removed

90-am-general-humvee-green-military-edition-4-door-truck-army-police-suv-vehicle-1.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-12-05-at-1.23.18-PM.png

Yea, but modern Jeeps have looked like Hummers to me ever since the JKs came out. Probably because they're so wide now.

I still want one. They just tick a lot of the boxes for me, now they just need to put a V8 in it. Solid front axle, mid size, fit's big tires easy, 4 doors, available with manual trans, etc.
A good factory V8 would literally rock the Jeep world right now ...no question in my mind. It would be amazing to see the reaction and sales. V6 values would possibly take a hit if its affordable , available and good. They might need to make it very limited

Not a fan of the 4 door to start with. The bed on the Gladiator seems disproportionately long, even compared to the H2.

I think the key word here is “seems”. It has a 5 foot bed, which is the same as the Ranger, which is roughly the same as the Colorado and Tacoma. In pictures I do think it looks long, but in the wild I don’t think it looks long at all. In fact, from what I’ve seen on the road, I actually kind of like the look. I’m not trying to say you’re wrong or anything, that’s just my opinion.

A good factory V8 would literally rock the Jeep world right now ...no question in my mind. It would be amazing to see the reaction and sales. V6 values would possibly take a hit if its affordable , available and good. They might need to make it very limited
Maybe the competition will force Jeep to add that V8, i hear the new Bronco is getting a Raptor model. I cannot imagine towing 7600# with the 3.6L.

Reactions: AndyG
HMMV has a much better departure angle than the Gladiator.

Gladiator is more nimble.

As I've said before, I'd be interested in the Gladiator if it had a better departure angle. They tried to make it more like a truck to compete with Toyota Tacoma. I just wish they hadn't done that. Destroyed its offroad capability without building it to 40's. Way overpriced for a Home Depot trip rig.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I do believe that takes the winning prize for being uglier than the (stock) Gladiator. If they changed the chopped windows to to be a bit taller, it might not look so strange. Or make the roof higher. Rarely a fan of chopped tops, even on classic cars.

Reactions: Chris