Does anyone know when they changed the door hinge bolts?

F'nJeep

Does anyone know if or when they changed the door hinge bolts and to what size? I wanted to paint my half doors, and of course I stripped a few out. Dorman p/n 926-888 is listed for 87 to 95 and 97-04.
I'm not sure what years the doors are, as I got them used

87 to 95 would be a YJ. 97 to 04 is most of the TJ.

I think the YJ door would need some modification to the latch mechanism so you probably have the TJ door..
I'm looking for some of the recessed torx head bolts that hold the hinges on the door, can't find any local.
I'm curious why 96 is omitted, along with 05 & 06, but they fit every other year

I'm looking for some of the recessed torx head bolts that hold the hinges on the door, can't find any local.
I'm curious why 96 is omitted, along with 05 & 06, but they fit every other year
There is no 1996 model year Wrangler. During that year they went from selling '95 wranglers (YJs) to selling '97 model year wranglers (TJs)

As for why there is no 05-06..... I have no clue

There is no 1996 model year Wrangler. During that year they went from selling '95 wranglers (YJs) to selling '97 model year wranglers (TJs)

As for why there is no 05-06..... I have no clue
Huh...learn something new everyday, thanks.
When I tried to order them, it says they don't fit my '06...I'm not even sure the doors are from an '06

Can you measure the thread and pitch off the ones you didn't strip?

Can you measure the thread and pitch off the ones you didn't strip?
I'm pretty sure they're "supposed" to be 5/16-18 but I tried the templates at a few stores and it seems like the best fit is the metric M8, I'm kinda confused now.
I Definetly have to re-tap 1 that I drilled out

I'm pretty sure they're "supposed" to be 5/16-18 but I tried the templates at a few stores and it seems like the best fit is the metric M8, I'm kinda confused now.
I Definetly have to re-tap 1 that I drilled out

my 2003 uses 5/16”.

I forgot I have a guy local that parts out early CJ's up to '06s, so I grabbed a few off him.
It looks like at least mine were changed at some point (his came from 2 different jeeps) mine is on the left, a bit shorter.

0815201732-1.jpg