Does Savvy make aluminum blanks so you can drill your own holes?

I couldn’t find any of this info online, so it probably isn't offered. Im sure most/some of y'all will just say to drill the new holes for the savvy rocker guards since I'm allready running the generic fishbone ones. Its not the end of the world if i have to, but i’m just trying to leave the tub with as less holes as possible. Im just asking if savvy could offer a blank so you can drill your own holes. Kind of like how the nemesis aluminum corner guards are. Thanks😀
If they made them without bolt holes, someone would bolt them on with 4 bolts or sheet metal screws and then wasn’t Saavy to buy them a tub when the didn’t protect it.🤣

If they made them without bolt holes, someone would bolt them on with 4 bolts or sheet metal screws and then wasn’t Saavy to buy them a tub when the didn’t protect it.🤣
Wait, I can't just use self tappers to attach it?

You can count on that one! I knew someone once that didn't want to drill holes in their tub for corner armor. Instead, they used silicone. o_O I've seen some dumb things done and, sadly, that one is not in the category of the top ten worst!

You can count on that one! I knew someone once that didn't want to drill holes in their tub for corner armor. Instead, they used silicone. o_O I've seen some dumb things done and, sadly, that one is not in the category of the top ten worst!
At least use some JB weld

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
If one was to use a quality RTV, good coverage, proper prep, I'm not so sure that wouldn't be the worst way to mount some sliders for even pretty hard use. I'll offer the below picture as evidence of a moderate amount used to mistakenly seal behind a rail that then fully displaced the rocker upon removal.

Note that the bead of RTV only squished out to cover an area about 1 1/2" wide at the top edge and upon peeling the slider off, that is how much the sheet metal was bent outwards even though it is a short well supported area.

1649269348907.png

I am fairly convinced that with proper prep, correct fitment, I could attach some rails to the rocker with 3M 5200 and you'd never get them back off without some serious effort and damage.

I am fairly convinced that with proper prep, correct fitment, I could attach some rails to the rocker with 3M 5200 and you'd never get them back off without some serious effort and damage.
That's exactly why it wasn't on my worst list. The real hurt happens, as you said, if you ever tried to remove it. Also, installing it on a body mounted rocker, assuming the rocker is pre-loaded, seems logical. The bulk of any force would be upward, meaning there would be very little movement.

A few weeks ago they had 4 lj sliders in stock. I think they all were purchased by people on this forum 😂

@Frank M
@Irun
@NOTNSUV
And I bought the last one. I was trying to remove the temptation by mentioning they were in stock here. That last set was still there at the end of the day and I ordered it.
Received mine last week.

If one was to use a quality RTV, good coverage, proper prep, I'm not so sure that wouldn't be the worst way to mount some sliders for even pretty hard use. I'll offer the below picture as evidence of a moderate amount used to mistakenly seal behind a rail that then fully displaced the rocker upon removal.

Note that the bead of RTV only squished out to cover an area about 1 1/2" wide at the top edge and upon peeling the slider off, that is how much the sheet metal was bent outwards even though it is a short well supported area.

View attachment 321091

We used 3M 5200 in several applications in the Bass boat industry, It is some amazing stuff.

View attachment 321091

Have you ever used Permatex "Right Stuff?" I used it on my diff covers at one time. I actually bent the covers trying to remove them.

• Wow
Reactions: lBasket