Does the TJ / LJ Rubicon have a factory lift over the other models?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
A common question in the TJ / LJ circles is whether or not the Rubicon model has a stock lift versus the non-Rubicon models.

The answer is NO, it does not. The only difference in height between the Rubicon model and non-Rubicon models is due to the fact that the Rubicon has slightly larger tires than the standard non-Rubicon models.

There ya go, just wanted to answer that one for anyone who might be curious.

A common question in the TJ / LJ circles is whether or not the Rubicon model has a stock lift versus the non-Rubicon models.

The answer is NO, it does not. The only difference in height between the Rubicon model and non-Rubicon models is due to the fact that the Rubicon has slightly larger tires than the standard non-Rubicon models.

There ya go, just wanted to answer that one for anyone who might be curious.
Yes, but there is one other change they made to the front Dana 44 axle to compensate for the larger tire and that was to add a 3/8" steel disc to the top of the bump stop pad on the spring perch.

You can see it here-

Dana44_front.jpg

Dana 30 doesn't have it either high or low pinion-

45424d1339881159-my-dana-30-build-thread-8adf7e61.jpg

Reactions: Stinger
Which actually restricts travel and limits articulation. ^^^ All else being equal.

I assume this was done to limit uptravel giving the taller tire clearance from the fender equal to the other models with smaller tires.

Which actually restricts travel and limits articulation. ^^^ All else being equal.

I assume this was done to limit uptravel giving the taller tire clearance from the fender equal to the other models with smaller tires.
It very likely doesn't restrict articulation due to the stiffness of the front sway bar. It does limit up-travel by 3/8".