Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Door seal install

woody367

TJ Enthusiast
So I bought a new door seal from Quagratec for my driverside door. It is a Fairchild Industries D3012 Driver Side Full Steel Door Seal for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ . Do it came with no instruction and has all the push clip which the stock one does not. It also has a red pin but not sure if that is to aline the seal. I called Quadratec and waited on hold for a half hour before hanging up. I called Fairchild Industries, spoke with 4 people and npone could help with there own product. Told me to look online or ask a body shop. Sp here I am asking how do you install this thing? Soory for the rant and thank you.

AndyG

TJ Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
Send it back and get a Mopar one. Ain't cheap but they do what a door seal is supposed to do ..they work for years.

Honestly, good door seals close 14-16 linear feet of connection, that is operable, stay smashed, the tub flexes, in all temperatures , and they tend to work great for a long time ..don't go cheap.

williambmac

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Send it back and get a Mopar one. Ain't cheap but they do what a door seal is supposed to do ..they work for years.

Honestly, good door seals close 14-16 linear feet of connection, that is operable, stay smashed, the tub flexes, in all temperatures , and they tend to work great for a long time ..don't go cheap.
Good luck finding the Mopar ones. I looked for a few months and came up empty.

I took advise from @mrblaine and purchased this brand off of amazon. they fit perfect, no sagging or bunching.
And no leaks.

Amazon.com: APDTY 112719 Rubber Weatherstrip Door Seal Fits Front Left (Driver-Side) Door 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler (Replaces 05017463AH, 5017463AH): Automotive

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
So I bought a new door seal from Quagratec for my driverside door. It is a Fairchild Industries D3012 Driver Side Full Steel Door Seal for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ . Do it came with no instruction and has all the push clip which the stock one does not. It also has a red pin but not sure if that is to aline the seal. I called Quadratec and waited on hold for a half hour before hanging up. I called Fairchild Industries, spoke with 4 people and npone could help with there own product. Told me to look online or ask a body shop. Sp here I am asking how do you install this thing? Soory for the rant and thank you.
Apparently there are some minor differences in hole location for the clips. I haven't done enough of them to know all of them but that has been a reported issue. Fortunately I have not run into that very much with the APDTY stuff but that isn't saying I won't.

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
OP
W

woody367

TJ Enthusiast
If you look at the link above for the APDTY brand you will see all the white pins/clips which my door does not use. I think my door maybe uses 2 buy the door latch. Am I suppose to remove all the othere pins?

AndyG

TJ Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reactions: williambmac
OP
W

woody367

TJ Enthusiast
I was watching a viseo for another brad that also has the plastic pin. There said if the door does not have holes for them to remove the pins. I did not get a chance to look at it today so maybe tomorrow .

tworley

garagequeen
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner

red02tj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Overall seems to be a good seal and no issues after the rain last night. Came with all the correct clips installed and everything lined up.

AAF6C586-C049-46FD-8D7A-CEAF14D11259.jpeg

ED79E506-D510-429C-984A-9A3EF32F6923.jpeg

Reactions: tworley

steelhd

TJ Addict
Back in the day seals didn't come with clips and pins. They were held in place with a liberal applications of gorilla snot. Are the TJ seal clips and pins actually necessary?