DOT approved beadlocks

I thought about it but haven’t started the research for it. Assuming I would need some kind of tire mounter to start with..

Tons of videos on how to install tires on beadlocks.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...QIHbFMDsYQ0pQJegQICxAB&biw=1920&bih=969&dpr=1

Put the tire onto the rim.

20211211_115006.jpg

Tap the bead around the lip of the beadlock.

20211211_122718.jpg

Put in all your bolts

20211211_125124.jpg

Tighten them down and using a torgure wrench make sure they are torqued to the proper specs.

20211211_133227.jpg

Reactions: Irun and RINC
Tons of videos on how to install tires on beadlocks.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...QIHbFMDsYQ0pQJegQICxAB&biw=1920&bih=969&dpr=1

Put the tire onto the rim.

View attachment 383078

Tap the bead around the lip of the beadlock.

View attachment 383079

Put in all your bolts

View attachment 383080

Tighten them down and using a torgure wrench make sure they are torqued to the proper specs.

View attachment 383081

He didn’t buy traditional beadlocks, his mount like a normal tire and wheel.

Ya, only got a no from discounttire. He didn’t know what it was and I didn’t feel like debating it with him. I took it there first as I saw another forum with a discounttire rep saying those could be mounted at the stores. It really isn’t that different than mounting to regular wheels, just needs the bolts to be tightened down before putting the appropriate psi and balancing.

Reactions: Wildman
Ya, only got a no from discounttire. He didn’t know what it was and I didn’t feel like debating it with him. I took it there first as I saw another forum with a discounttire rep saying those could be mounted at the stores. It really isn’t that different than mounting to regular wheels, just needs the bolts to be tightened down before putting the appropriate psi and balancing.

You could get a pair of tire spoons and mount them yourself but it'd be a huge PITA. I've had 3 places tell me they wouldn't eve balance my beadlocks.

Got them in this past weekend. Just place an order for MT Baja Boss MT’s. Should be ready for pick up tomorrow.

I took the wheels to discount tire to see if they can install, they said no, since he didn’t know how and they are “beadlocks.” It really isn’t hard and the wheels came with a paper that gives you a step by step process. So, I’m going to be on the hunt for someone to mount the tires to them.

View attachment 383057

View attachment 383058

A shop like Discount doesn’t want to have to read to figure out how to install. They just do what they do, which is standard mount and balance. They may not do that well.

I’d ask local Jeep club members. Try to find a shop that works with the off-road community.

In my locale the shop told me, just bring the beadlocks here and we’ll do everything. Don’t try to mount them. Don’t do anything. I wanted to do most of it, but I don’t think they’d touch them if I did.

A Discount Tire corporate rep told me they have a corporate-wide policy against having anything to do with mounting tires onto beadlock wheels. Easy or not.

A Discount Tire corporate rep told me they have a corporate-wide policy against having anything to do with mounting tires onto beadlock wheels. Easy or not.

Many places are like that. They consider it a liability issue and don't want the risk.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

Pull all the bolts. Take them to any tire store and have the tires mounted. Take them home, install the bolts, air them up, take them back and get them balanced. They are not bead locks. They have an internal bead retention. Not the same at all.

It really isn’t hard and the wheels came with a paper that gives you a step by step process.
Okay, I'll bite, how does that little paper say to seat the retained bead with all the air leaks it will have with the bolts out far enough to clear the tire bead?

I did think of another way to do this. Get some short bolts that seal up the holes but do not go into the inner part of the rim. Install them and just snug them down far enough to not let air out. Run them down to the tire store, get them mounted and balanced. If they say anything, tell them they are fake bead locks just like the other 10,000 they mounted and balanced last year. Get them home, pull the valve core, replace the bolts and you're golden.

If nothing else works take them to 4WP Wholesalers, they sell that wheel and they say they install everything they sell.

Okay, I'll bite, how does that little paper say to seat the retained bead with all the air leaks it will have with the bolts out far enough to clear the tire bead?

I did think of another way to do this. Get some short bolts that seal up the holes but do not go into the inner part of the rim. Install them and just snug them down far enough to not let air out. Run them down to the tire store, get them mounted and balanced. If they say anything, tell them they are fake bead locks just like the other 10,000 they mounted and balanced last year. Get them home, pull the valve core, replace the bolts and you're golden.

This is what they came with, but that video shows a more expedited/“easier” process

D04CC425-47D8-4475-BD69-1D8CE90A8C93.jpeg

This is what they came with, but that video shows a more expedited/“easier” process

View attachment 383145

The only part I missed is they have enough thread to screw the bolts out far enough to stay in the holes and let the other end stay out of the way of the tire bead so it can seat. If you get the short bolts I talked about earlier, this is a non issue for any tire shop to deal with.

Reactions: Jamesval035