DOT approved beadlocks

A Discount Tire corporate rep told me they have a corporate-wide policy against having anything to do with mounting tires onto beadlock wheels. Easy or not.

I worked for a dealer owner that would not let us change ring and pinion ratios due to the vehicle not being emission certified with that set up from the factory. He didn't want it coming back on him.

i bet he wears a condom all day just in case he finds a warm hole
He was a very sharp guy, I understood why he did it and also why he would send all the smogs out to a smog shop. It was about him not being in first position if a used vehicle had smog issues or if the new one got flagged for whatever reason. I am in California and we have CARB. We had a dealer down the freeway selling lifted truck with all sorts of mods, he chose not to do it in his business.

Reactions: Ocho
He was a very sharp guy, I understood why he did it and also why he would send all the smogs out to a smog shop. It was about him not being in first position if a used vehicle had smog issues or if the new one got flagged for whatever reason. I am in California and we have CARB. We had a dealer down the freeway selling lifted truck with all sorts of mods, he chose not to do it in his business.

Yep, if you don't do it, they can't ask what you did. The owner of a large ambulance company trusted me and asked if I wanted a set of keys to the garage area in case I needed to work after hours. Nope, if something goes missing like you deal with daily from afterhours shenanigans, you can't ask me because I don't have a set of keys. I won't be privy to those conversations nor will I be accused. I'll be just fine calling dispatch to let me in and out if needed so there is a record of my comings and goings. Or I would be if I ever needed to be here but I don't so I won't.

Found a service/restoration shop near me that didn’t have an issue with mounting and balancing.

A03DDEBB-3359-469D-A9D1-EC3B2C79E130.jpeg

Found a service/restoration shop near me that didn’t have an issue with mounting and balancing.

View attachment 384449

Are you running spacers or JK axles or something? 4.75" backspacing is quite a bit for a 35" tire. I'm at 4" effective with my wheels and adapters, on factory TJ axles and I rub at full lock.

Reactions: Jamesval035
Are you running spacers or JK axles or something? 4.75" backspacing is quite a bit for a 35" tire. I'm at 4" effective with my wheels and adapters, on factory TJ axles and I rub at full lock.

Ya, I will be running 1” spacer which will give me a total of 3.75” BS. Every wheel I was looking and I liked would have needed a spacer.

Reactions: Mike_H