Double DIN Android Head Unit (InsaneAudio TJ1001) Chinese Knock-Off Review

Can you post a pic of the front tire view?
Sure. Haven't gotten the chance to take it offroad, but with a Dana 60 with a full truss, I don't think there is a place to mount it that would give a better view. But for $20 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P45P7G/?tag=wranglerorg-20 I had to try. :cool:
IMG_20200228_214436.jpg
IMG_20200228_213935.jpg

Reactions: Frankred
I just got a double DIN with touchscreen for my 97. Anyone know the best place to tie in the "reverse" and "park" wires?

I just got a double DIN with touchscreen for my 97. Anyone know the best place to tie in the "reverse" and "park" wires?
The foolproof way would be to tap into the reverse sensor on the side of the tranny, but that's so far away. I pulled up the wiring diagram from the FSM and tracked down the wire for that sensor when it goes through the wire harness in the driver footwell. I have an 05 though, so I wouldn't trust it to be the same pin as '97.

Got nothing for you on park. I drive a stick.

The foolproof way would be to tap into the reverse sensor on the side of the tranny, but that's so far away. I pulled up the wiring diagram from the FSM and tracked down the wire for that sensor when it goes through the wire harness in the driver footwell. I have an 05 though, so I wouldn't trust it to be the same pin as '97.

Got nothing for you on park. I drive a stick.
Some stereos allow you to ground that wire out to simulate Park is engaged all the time. For a manual, some radios want the same signal but from the parking brake instead of Park.

Oh @Frankred reminded me of something. For the park/brake wire, you can bipass that in software. I didn't connect mine to anything.

Go to: <Car Settings> —> <About Device> and next to HMI there will be a settings button.
The PIN is 8888.
These are the advanced settings.
Go to: <Others> —> <Brake> and set it to 1 = Forced Off.

This will cause it to believe you are always pushing the brake/in park and disables all the required protections that disable features while you are moving.

Anybody figured out the 4 digit pin to switch to the Jeep boot logo in the settings menu?

Also thanks for this thread! I just got mine in and installed it today. Cant believe that Insane Audio branded this thing and marked it up by $800 :(

Anybody figured out the 4 digit pin to switch to the Jeep boot logo in the settings menu?

Also thanks for this thread! I just got mine in and installed it today. Cant believe that Insane Audio branded this thing and marked it up by $800 :(

hope your not the guy that bought the unit on market place for $500?

I'm glad people are finding success. If anybody wants mine (same one as listed here) I'll send it to you for shipping. Just taking up room, maybe you'll be happy with it or make it work.

As I said in post 225, all original just had a wire soldered into the remote lead.

Also the 2din center console and Kenwood deck is amazing, worth every cent more.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I'm glad people are finding success. If anybody wants mine (same one as listed here) I'll send it to you for shipping. Just taking up room, maybe you'll be happy with it or make it work.

As I said in post 225, all original just had a wire soldered into the remote lead.

Also the 2din center console and Kenwood deck is amazing, worth every cent more.
Just curious, why the desire to no longer run it?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

interested in giving it a shot if still available, don’t think I can PM you, but if you can message me I’d be interested.

Anybody reading about this in the future the harness provided on the radio people were having trouble with is actually not wired correctly for a 2004 that's why the sub isn't working. The polarity of the front left and rear right are reversed. To make the factory sub work you need to switch pins C2/C3 and also C13/C14. After this swap it'll work fine. The speaker polarity from the ground side needs to go + - - + and not - + - +.

View attachment 121201

For those that are using an external sub with the factory speakers powered by the deck you still might consider the swap. The speakers would be out of phase.
Very interesting. Thanks for this. By any chance, have you or anyone else found the time alignment to be useless? From what you mentioned here, with the internal wiring, this has me wondering if that could be the reason why the adjustments don't behave as they should.

I'd assumed it was because of the way our factory sub is wired, but mixed up wiring sure does sound like it could be the culprit.

Between the extremely poor preout voltage and the wonky time alignment, I ended up taking mine out.

From what you mentioned here, with the internal wiring, this has me wondering if that could be the reason why the adjustments don't behave as they should.
The wiring pigtail provided for Chrysler installations is the only thing wrong. Once the wires in the adapter are swapped the problem is fixed. The deck itself has the outputs labeled correctly and they weren't going to the correct wires on the Jeep. That's all that's going on as far as I know. If you could talk to your 75 year old self, that guy would tell you to stop spending money on car stereos.

Reactions: bedhed
The wiring pigtail provided for Chrysler installations is the only thing wrong. Once the wires in the adapter are swapped the problem is fixed. The deck itself has the outputs labeled correctly and they weren't going to the correct wires on the Jeep. That's all that's going on as far as I know. If you could talk to your 75 year old self, that guy would tell you to stop spending money on car stereos.
Oh okay, cool.

And yeah, I completely agree with that last bit. After my last round of audio purchased over the past year, that wrapped me up. Costs are far to much, and now untrustworthy "top companies". It's a dammed rabbit hole I tell ya haha.

I got so annoyed with this unit that I pulled it and put the OE unit back in. Works like a champ.

Reactions: pagrey

pictures of the 2din center console and Kenwood deck please. Looking for the right stereo to install with the OEM center console with sub