#duckduckjeep

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Had doors off top down and went to go eat in town. As I was walking back, I saw a JKU driving down the parking lot and there was a teenager in the back that had a big grin in her face staring at me and my buddy walking back from lunch. Get back to my Jeep and see this little rubber duck on my dash. Just a Jeep thing I guess. Any of you seen things like this done in your area? I guess just keep passing it on.

777450DF-F453-40FD-928B-A65236D0C6E4.jpeg

4118B6FE-FBF7-42EB-8136-69B4EC29CED1.jpeg

It’s a big Facebook thing apparently. Google it.

https://m.facebook.com/duckingjeeps/posts/

Some of those people are whack.

Idk how I'd feel about someone putting something in my Jeep. The duck is harmless, but having someone open the door to a personal vehicle seems messed up.

I always figured people were raised to never touch someone else's vehicle.

Idk how I'd feel about someone putting something in my Jeep. The duck is harmless, but having someone open the door to a personal vehicle seems messed up.

Well in my case there were no doors so not like they went out of thier way to get in. Its a bit odd but meh, its not like anyone was reaching, rummaging, touching anything in there.

Well in my case there were no doors so not like they went out of thier way to get in. Its a bit odd but meh, its not like anyone was reaching, rummaging, touching anything in there.

Yeah, still feels weird, but I guess it's harmless.

Opening the doors... yeah a bit over the line. However, doors off reaching in to drop that on the dash is just good fun that would make most of us smile.

I always figured people were raised to never use the word "whack" in a sentence past the age of 13.

Reactions: Stinkbug
Had doors off top down and went to go eat in town. As I was walking back, I saw a JKU driving down the parking lot and there was a teenager in the back that had a big grin in her face staring at me and my buddy walking back from lunch. Get back to my Jeep and see this little rubber duck on my dash. Just a Jeep thing I guess. Any of you seen things like this done in your area? I guess just keep passing it on.

View attachment 177953

View attachment 177954
Its a Facebook Group #duckingjeeps . Its suppose yo be fun, and no harm . I'm sure they didn't open any doors , but I get the concern ..

Yah, it is all over the girls only FB pages. They supposedly don't open doors. If you have doors on I have seen pics of them putting them on the door handles, under the windshield wipers and on the cowl. Harmless. Kind of the same thing as the Koozi thing from Jeep Mafia on FB.

I guess I got ducked. neighbor said some girl in a black jeep stopped and placed it there. 🤷‍♂️
image0.jpeg

edit-
just went for a drive, looked at the duck and it had a letter tied around its neck for links to two instagrams I think. didn't pay much attention though, I don't use social media stuff other than a blank facebook account to look at marketplace occasionally.

Last edited:
I got ducked in Colorado. We were on a 4x4 trail and a guy came by us and gave us a duck. He explained what is was about. And that it was a thing on Facebook.

I live in a town of 10k and I've lost track of how many of these I've thrown away. Oregon has a jabillion jeeps.

• Sad
Reactions: Cat.ny