DuncLJ's Big Bolt-On Bonanza

How do you remove just the lower half of the door surround?
The lower has a pin that goes through the upper with a snap ring holding it together. I popped off the snap ring with a screwdriver (it is between the upper and the roll bar). Once that was off, it removed easily.

PXL_20220510_005322703~2.jpg

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Reactions: DuncLJ
The lower has a pin that goes through the upper with a snap ring holding it together. I popped off the snap ring with a screwdriver (it is between the upper and the roll bar). Once that was off, it removed easily.

View attachment 329358
Thanks. I had never really looked at how they were held together.

This is how I did it. I modified the lower part of the surround so I could remove it without removing the upper, and therefore without removing the top.

It's in my build thread starting on post #821.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nashville-tjs-build-continued.42035/page-42
I'm going to use your quick disconnect idea when I put the door surround back on in the fall. I was able to get it off without removing the Rampage top, but it took some prying and fiddling back and forth to get it off.
I'd rather do it similar to how you did, and just pull a couple of pins. Thanks again for a cool idea.😎

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Man I love this LJ. It is almost exactly what I want to do with mine once I save up the big boy bucks. So clean!

Man I love this LJ. It is almost exactly what I want to do with mine once I save up the big boy bucks. So clean!

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I'm still saving up big boy bucks all the time, cuz it never ends. 🍻

So this chapter is being closed out.
The Jeep sold to another forum member, and is safe and sound in its new home in Texas.
Buyer is a good guy, I hope he has a great time with it.

I'll still be checking in around here. If I found the right TJ/LJ project, at the right time, I could be right back at it. 🍻

Jeep being loaded up on car carrier in CA...

PXL_20230711_025131103~2.jpg

New home in Texas...

IMG_20230712_161354~2.jpg

So this chapter is being closed out.
The Jeep sold to another forum member, and is safe and sound in its new home in Texas.
Buyer is a good guy, I hope he has a great time with it.

I'll still be checking in around here. If I found the right TJ/LJ project, at the right time, I could be right back at it. 🍻

Jeep being loaded up on car carrier in CA...

View attachment 442138

New home in Texas...

View attachment 442137

I’m kicking myself for not buying this! 🙂

• USA Proud
While I am taking a hiatus from Jeeping, I decided to undertake a new project.
I recently retired from the Military and Federal Govt. I rewarded myself with one of my dream cars.

I got myself a 1969 Corvette StingRay with a 427 and a 4 speed. I will leave it mostly stock, but will upgrade the steering, suspension and braking to more modern reliable standards. It is not meant to replace the Jeep, It is just another bucket on my list.

PXL_20230721_225214377~2.jpg

PXL_20230722_200658350~2.jpg

PXL_20230528_234316856~2.jpg

If I eventually make it back to another Jeep build, I would seriously like to explore a V8 engine swap. Possibly even in a CJ or a Jeepster Commando.
We'll See!

Last edited:
I recently retired from the Military and Federal Govt. I rewarded myself with one of my dream cars.

I got myself a 1969 Corvette StingRay with a 427 and a 4 speed. I will leave it mostly stock, but will upgrade the steering, suspension and braking to more modern reliable standards. It is not meant to replace the Jeep, It is just another bucket on my list.

View attachment 442166

View attachment 442170

View attachment 442164

If I eventually make it back to another Jeep build, I would seriously like to explore a V8 engine swap. Possibly even in a CJ or a Jeepster Commando.
We'll See!

Congratulations on your retirement and enjoy the car.

View attachment 442166

View attachment 442170

View attachment 442164

We'll See!

Sweet ride, only needs this little mod

Side-Pipes-75-35-Out.jpeg

R.jpeg