EAG Bumper Review

I love my EAG stuff. Totally underrated and very economical. I bought their front and rear bumpers, safari doors, tail light guards and grill inserts all for maybe 500? View attachment 45458View attachment 45459

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, aren't the plastic pieces on the loops supposed to be against the bumper, really helps with noise! I have the same bumper and love it! Also, 1/2 the cost. FYI someone ran into me, didn't hurt or scratch my bumper one bit, their car was a mess!

Dude, aren't the plastic pieces on the loops supposed to be against the bumper, really helps with noise! I have the same bumper and love it! Also, 1/2 the cost. FYI someone ran into me, didn't hurt or scratch my bumper one bit, their car was a mess!

I've tried them both ways and both ways keep them from rattling against the bumper.

I bought both front and rear bumpers. Installation was easy, engineering is excellent. The look is exactly what I had hoped for. Product however is poor quality. Steel and Welds are good however finish on both is already suspect and starting to rust through. I forwarded pictures to EAG and asked for touch up paint and the response was return it and we will replace it. Not very practical since I cannot drive the jeep on the streets without bumpers. I have had both installed for 1 month and rust will be an issue, they have not even been through a winter with salt etc. The spare tire latch rattles on the rear bumper, I will try to fill the gaps with Silicone to eliminate the annoying noise. The front bumper has LED lights another plus since my version of jeep does not have fog lamps. 2 weeks after install the lights quit working. The power is there, there are issues with the LED, I suspect shipping damage as the bumper packaging was severely damaged showing lots of impact along the trip from CA to MI. Again same issue with lack of support from EAG. While the fit and look is good, I could not recommend this product to any of my Jeep friends as I will probably have to have the product removed and repainted a year from now. I am not sure what I am going to do about the lights as they are product specific.
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0943.JPG

I bought both front and rear bumpers. Installation was easy, engineering is excellent. The look is exactly what I had hoped for. Product however is poor quality. Steel and Welds are good however finish on both is already suspect and starting to rust through. I forwarded pictures to EAG and asked for touch up paint and the response was return it and we will replace it. Not very practical since I cannot drive the jeep on the streets without bumpers. I have had both installed for 1 month and rust will be an issue, they have not even been through a winter with salt etc. The spare tire latch rattles on the rear bumper, I will try to fill the gaps with Silicone to eliminate the annoying noise. The front bumper has LED lights another plus since my version of jeep does not have fog lamps. 2 weeks after install the lights quit working. The power is there, there are issues with the LED, I suspect shipping damage as the bumper packaging was severely damaged showing lots of impact along the trip from CA to MI. Again same issue with lack of support from EAG. While the fit and look is good, I could not recommend this product to any of my Jeep friends as I will probably have to have the product removed and repainted a year from now. I am not sure what I am going to do about the lights as they are product specific.
View attachment 55690 View attachment 55691
Damn, thanks for the awesome feedback. I may give my EAG bumpers a good extra coat with some rust protective paint that I have laying around before winter hits as a precaution after seeing this (mine are different models, but better safe than sorry, right?).

I'm not terribly surprised that the lights went out since any LED lights at that price point aren't likely to be reliable, but if you can't get a replacement of the right size, that's definitely a problem. It's one thing to have some cheap lights that are practically free considering the low cost of the bumper in the first place, but it's another to be stuck with a spot in your bumper for lights that can't be replaced with something of better quality.

Btw, if you haven't please post this as a review on Amazon since this will be really helpful to others.

Like someone posted earlier, These Chinesium bumpers are most likely built by one mfg. and rebranded however you want. I bought one of the ebay special rear tire carrier bumpers in June, and it is already tearing itself apart.
Maybe 3000 miles and a little light fire road off-roading. The mounting face is seperating from the rest of the bumper near the tire rack pivot.
I've got a message in to the seller, but I'm guessing I'm S.O.L. and out $300.

Reactions: Starrs
Like someone posted earlier, These Chinesium bumpers are most likely built by one mfg. and rebranded however you want. I bought one of the ebay special rear tire carrier bumpers in June, and it is already tearing itself apart.
Maybe 3000 miles and a little light fire road off-roading. The mounting face is seperating from the rest of the bumper near the tire rack pivot.
I've got a message in to the seller, but I'm guessing I'm S.O.L. and out $300.

The Chinese front bumpers are probably fine, but I wouldn't trust one of the shitty Chinese rear bumpers with the tire carrier on it, that's for sure.

I'd like to see pictures of yours and how it's failing.

Reactions: Cheetokps
The Chinese front bumpers are probably fine, but I wouldn't trust one of the shitty Chinese rear bumpers with the tire carrier on it, that's for sure.

I'd like to see pictures of yours and how it's failing.
I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Reactions: Chris
I was going to post something about these bumpers in the other thread where a poster is asking about bumpers, but I thought I would just post my thoughts and a small review of these bumpers here for future reference for those searching for similar recommendations.

Here's the bumpers I purchased and installed this past weekend:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CV6F9VK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

They were $322 including shipping for both bumpers and arrived in about 3 days.

First off both bumpers were packaged extremely well and arrived with no scratches, dings or dents. Upon opening the package I noticed a very nice wrinkle black finish that looks to be very durable. I am a structural steel designer, and one of the many things I do as part of my job is to inspect steel structures, welds, etc... for the power industry, so I play close attention to the way things are built and I can assure you that these bumpers are built very well and are structurally sound. They are 3/16" thick steel and all the welds look to be well made with plenty of penetration.

The front bumper uses the original bolts from the OEM bumper and recovery hooks. 6 bolts all together which are plenty strong for this application. I did not reinstall the tow hooks because, of course, I now have shackles Which brings me to the shackle brackets. There are slots cut in the bumper for each and they are welded both outside the bumper and inside the bumper and on the back side the attachment locations where they stick through the bumper is reinforced with a channel type gusset plate on either side. You should have no problem towing your Jeep out of a mud hole with this bumper. If the original shackles were meant for recovery, then the shackles will perform just as well if not better.

It took me about 1 beer to install this bumper, with the biggest hassle being removing the OEM bolts that had been on there for 20 years. The only other issue I had was the bottom brackets were misaligned and I took a 3 pound hammer and bent both inward toward center of the bumper a little to get the holes to line up with the mounting holes on the bottom of the Jeep frame. I think the only improvement I would make would be to slot the holes in these brackets parallel to the bumper instead of perpendicular to the bumper.

Long story short: I love the bumper. It looks great on the Jeep, it has a nice clean appearance, and is plenty stout enough for recovery or to later mount a winch on it if I want. Two thumbs up!

What got all this started is that my Jeep didn't have a receiver hitch, so I bought a "Hidden Hitch" brand used off or Craigslist, but it sat too low for just about any type of off-roading. I need a hitch to pull my utility trailer and possibly a small skiff in the future. So I started looking all over for a bumper/hitch combo and eventually settled on this one. I strongly considered other American made bumpers, but they weren't coated and I would have needed to rattle can them. Did I say the finish on these were great?

The first thing I noticed about the rear bumper was that it in fact had the eyelets welded to the receiver for my trailer safety chains. Perhaps earlier models didn't have them. The next thing that I noticed was that it was fabricated and welded very well. The receiver is reinforced, completely welded and gusseted by the safety chain eyelets. The bumper is slotted for the shackle brackets and they stick through to the inside and are completely welded on the outside and the inside. They also have gusset plates fully welded to the inside of the bumper on either side of the shackle bracket locations to reinforce the bumper at those load points. There are shelf brackets that bolt to the frame with 4 bolts each. They are reinforced with gusset plates as well. The bumper bolts to these brackets with two larger bolts and then also bolts to the bottom of the frame with two OEM bolts from the original bumper. It is all very well thought out and constructed. Mine fit perfectly and took about 1 beer to install. Less than an hour.

Bottom line: The bumper looks great. It has a nice finish with nice clean lines. I would not hesitate to tow anything with this bumper that the Jeep could safely tow. My bumper had a sticker on it that stated it was rated for 5000#. All in all 2 thumbs up. I am super happy with this purchase and would buy again in a heartbeat.

I'm sure there are better bumpers out there for a TJ, but if there is a better set of bumpers for this price I would like to see them.
Maybe I just missed this part but is the front bumper able to have a winch bolted on or nah?

Maybe I just missed this part but is the front bumper able to have a winch bolted on or nah?
Yes, a winch can bolted even onto the factory bumper. Winches aren't actually bolted to most bumpers,,, their mounting bolts just pass through the bumper to the frame below it. Just a winch mounting plate is needed.

Reactions: Cal