Early 30's Chevy Pickup Available in Oregon

TJ4Jim

TJ Expert
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone interested in what I believe is an early 30's Chevrolet pickup project or part out from an Estate. I'm in contact with the seller who is a buddy of my #1 son and the truck was complete and running prior to breakdown for restoration, a fair amount of work was done including a completed engine. It come with what looks to be a fairly new dual axle flatbed trailer. The whole deal should be under 4K including the trailer (probably trailer value alone)

I would take on the project myself but I think it's a bad move on my part as I'm already negotiating on a tractor/loader that needs work and that's enough for me.

If anyone is interested I have a series of pic's to share.

This is the truck some time before teardown. And a current pic of the trailer below.

Chevy PU.jpg
Trailer.jpg

Last edited:
That's my other problem, I have space for a tractor project and don't want to chew up any other free space and it does not belong outside.

I’d like it for the trailer and restore the truck in my garage. If I had a garage that wasn’t full of BS!

I’d like it for the trailer and restore the truck in my garage. If I had a garage that wasn’t full of BS!
That's what I am trying to avoid, been there done that.

Somebody with room stands a good chance at turning a decent profit on a partout, freaking trailer alone would probably cover the initial expense.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Let make a call....can you get me more pictures and info?
Will do.

Update,

Just found out this is a current (ongoing) project and the dash and upholstery are completed and 100% fresh as is the original engine that was apparently received very recently.

• Wow
Guys this is seriously a great deal. My father and I got a chance to inspect it and it is in amazing condition and deserves to be put back together and shown. We were going to buy it as a father/son/grandsons project as my dad has the space for sure a project to store until we move. But we found out he has cancer and decided this is a project we just can’t do right now.

TJ4Jim is a super nice and helpful guy, I hope one of you can take up this project! It deserves to live!!!! Not many of these old trucks left but Chevy is the rarest of the bunch!

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Rubi04, his dad, my son and I pretty much located all the Old trucks vital components so from what we could determine the parts are there and in reasonably good condition as was the body. Engine still sitting untouched in the garage after coming back from the re-build as are other components.

I'd like to see it find a good home and not chopped into some nightmare.

Rubi04 if you can add anything.

Rubi04, his dad, my son and I pretty much located all the Old trucks vital components so from what we could determine the parts are there and in reasonably good condition as was the body. Engine still sitting untouched in the garage after coming back from the re-build as are other components.

I'd like to see it find a good home and not chopped into some nightmare.

Rubi04 if you can add anything.

Pretty much nailed it. The chrome was good and one thing that’s there is the brow that hold the headlights. My dad did some research and those are pretty much gone, so very rare to find the parts in such good shape but even there.

If anyone does go after it, prepare for a solid day or two to make sure you got it all. Kinda like a treasure hunt.

Reactions: TJ4Jim