Easiest lift kit?

JoeSpit

Aloha gang, i had 6 girls in the ol' jeep the other day and man were my bump stops working overtime. My jeep's got 164k miles on it and has probably never had springs or shocks replaced. I figure i might as well give it a lil lift when i replace, but what would be the easiest kit to get? whats the tallest i can go with outt overly fuxing with drivetrain geometry. Basically i hope to spend in the $500-ish range.

Most lift kits come with crap shocks, so Iwould piece one together with 2" springs or coil spacers and some rancho rs5000x shocks. If you have the tools and things aren't too rusty that could be a sub 2 hour job.

Past 2" you start getting too far out of whack with rear pinion angle and front caster, worms start getting out of the can and the budget (and required upgraded parts to install) grows exponentially.

Aloha gang, i had 6 girls in the ol' jeep the other day and man were my bump stops working overtime. My jeep's got 164k miles on it and has probably never had springs or shocks replaced. I figure i might as well give it a lil lift when i replace, but what would be the easiest kit to get? whats the tallest i can go with outt overly fuxing with drivetrain geometry. Basically i hope to spend in the $500-ish range.
Depends… are you talking a load of ~600lbs, or ~1200+lbs…

what about 2.5''? thats goanna make a headache? I'm having trouble finding 2'' springs

That's fine. Some Jeeps respond differently than others, so be open to the possibility that you'll need a slight transfer case drop if you get vibrations after the lift. I've only had 1 TJ and it needed it with a 2.5" lift but some don't.

Reactions: SPECWAR
should i even bother replacing springs? how do i tell if they overly worn?
You can measure to see if they are sagging. Front springs are 12” for stock height. Rear are 8”.

Here’s a cheap but good plan to lift it a bit. Add 2” spacers on top of the springs. Get some Rancho 5000x shocks for 0-2”. That’ll be sub $300. Add 31” tires when the time comes. Fly me out to Maui. Call up the 6 hot chics and we’ll all go for a ride. How is this a bad idea?!

Reactions: PRNDL
When you say "easiest lift", I'm assuming you mean cheap because any coil spring replacement is the same labor. The easiest and cheapest is a body lift. At 165k miles, those original coils likely needs to be replaced. Avoid spacer lifts and spend more on a quality coil spring lift. Look into ones such as OME.

If you want cheap....go on Rockauto and get the stiffest Moog replacement springs. I forget the numbers, but the ones for an LJ or TJ Rubicon with the hard top and AC.

Get some Rancho RS5000x shocks.

And the payload capacity is like 800lbs for the TJ or something like that. Anything more than that and your bumpstops are going to say hello.