ECGS front axle can't turn right

F

fudog666

So, has anyone used an ECGS dana 489NR front axle in a TJ? I installed one today and I can’t barely turn to right. I’ll attach 2 pics so that it can be seen what’s going on. Any suggestions? I’m going to try to move the pinion angle but, I don’t think it’ll help.

00E072E3-EAC7-4AA7-AD83-D5AC1AB365EB.jpeg

66C0D7AA-88D1-4F02-9F58-CA4895E1E5EE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
6 pack gross. Looks like the artec bracket is the offending party. How do you feel about cutting and welding?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I’m a very good welder but, for almost $5k, I shouldn’t have to cut it up. Just saying…

I had artec brackets on my JK axle that i ordered from ECGS and even with JK tie rod (no joint right where you're hitting) the damper would hit. i cut all that shit off and redid everything. I always recommend people doing any custom axle swap DO NOT BUY Artec brackets.

I had artec brackets on my JK axle that i ordered from ECGS and even with JK tie rod (no joint right where you're hitting) the damper would hit. i cut all that shit off and redid everything. I always recommend people doing any custom axle swap DO NOT BUY Artec brackets.

I may send this axle back. I’m not cutting up something I just paid almost $5k for. I’ve had this jeep a little over 5yrs and I’m about fed up w/ it. I just might put the Dana 30 back in it and get rid of it. Money pit…

I had to "unfriend" a few folks I know on FB. Doing axle swaps into buggies. Superduty later versions. I explained that there is no need to truss an axle out of a vehicle with front axle weight rating that is nearly double what their rig weighs, the whole rig.

Next pic is welding up the Artec truss. Ok, bye, you are too dumb for me to keep talking to you.

You'd rather dump 1500 into some steering that will never work as well as what you have now instead of just fixing the problem?

First off…it’s my money so why do you give a f#%k?!?! That’s why I hate even posting on this forum. Assholes like you that feel the need to give ur opinion!! I’ve considered losing this acct and now I’m sure of it!!!

First off…it’s my money so why do you give a f#%k?!?! That’s why I hate even posting on this forum. Assholes like you that feel the need to give ur opinion!! I’ve considered losing this acct and now I’m sure of it!!!

You came for opinions, but left because of opinions… makes sense!

It is Your money… you just seem to like to waste it.

Learning can be hard at times… but it’s your choice if you want to learn.