slundsk

I am installing my rear Dana 489 from ECGS, and the spring perch diameter is way less than stock. My stock 35 had a perfect size perch for the spring to seat on and "lock" into. Anyone ever come across this? Am I supposed to just use the retainer and let the spring move around that much on the new axle?? It'll literally just be metal on metal no isolator or anything. Seems wrong to me but ECGS says this is how it is designed...

ax 1.jpg

ax 2.jpg

That looks good to me. I had to cut the spring perch on my stock 35 to look like that for shock clearance.Also I don’t think there is any isolator used on the axle perch.

Is there a plate that bolts inside the spring to hold the coil to the spring perch? I believe my ECGS 8.8 is setup the same but I’ll have to go check.

No, all that is needed to hold the spring in place is there. That center part that the spring sits over is what keeps it there.

That looks good to me. I had to cut the spring perch on my stock 35 to look like that for shock clearance.Also I don’t think there is any isolator used on the axle perch.

The stock ones definitely have a plastic isolator on the bottom axle side and a rubber one on the top frame side.

No, all that is needed to hold the spring in place is there. That center part that the spring sits over is what keeps it there.

I was referring to a stock axle, I don’t have any experience with the ECGS axle. I assumed that they would be the same.

... There should only be a gap between spring and perch when at full droop. ...

Some might say the shock is too long if the springs come unseated at full shock extension. Or the spring's free length is too short for the extended shock.