Engine vs. Motor

Now we are getting into the Hot Water Heater category, well if the water is already hot why do you need a heater. Plumbers call them domestic water heaters.

Now we are getting into the Hot Water Heater category, well if the water is already hot why do you need a heater. Plumbers call them domestic water heaters.
This also opens the debate for the "ice freezes on bridge before roads" signs. Ice doesn't freeze, water freezes and turns into ice. So they should read either "ice forms..." Or "water freezes...."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about jet skiing vs wave running. I do both, and I can tell you there's a huge difference between a wave runner and a jet ski. Seems like people always refer to them both as one or the other.

No No... you stand up on a jet ski.. and it can run fully submerged. JetSki is a Kawasaki brand name... For a unique product.
A SeaDoo, or Yamahas brand name Wave Runner are just personal water craft.

But yeah... like lets go for a beer and the wife has a glass of wine

l=http:%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F11%2F6d%2F1a%2F116d1aee763b5f2178c1da2d399e8f1a.jpg

we all call them Engines here, but some call the whole car a "motor" in the uk but thats a slang term. You guys call the gearbox a transmission though. used to confuse me when i saw people saying Tranny...

we all call them Engines here, but some call the whole car a "motor" in the uk but thats a slang term. You guys call the gearbox a transmission though. used to confuse me when i saw people saying Tranny...
If you think tranny confuses you, how confused do you think we are when you send us to fetch up something from the bonnet and or the boot? Bonnets keep the sun out of your eyes and boots go on your feets.

If you think tranny confuses you, how confused do you think we are when you send us to fetch up something from the bonnet and or the boot? Bonnets keep the sun out of your eyes and boots go on your feets.

Hahaha!

I think somebody left my best spanner under the bonnet of the lorry. Bloody inconvenient, that.

On a side note; I understand that George Lucas does all of the refrigeration systems for the pubs in Great Britain. That's the reason the Brit's drink warm beer.

Reactions: Stinger and Chris