EV thread

1716758854923.png

I've seen a couple cyber trucks in person lately and they are a lot bigger than i expected them to be and just as hideous in person. I can picture the people driving them thinking they are hot shit, when in reality i think most people are pointing and laughing :ROFLMAO:

I think those things fall into the latest thing gotta have it fervor category which is enhanced by the 'Tesla' factor, that sort of nebulous aura that seems to surround those cars, the company, & it's leader. They are ugly to most people it seems, but to each his own on that end; my primary objection to the Cyber Truck is the same one I have for most new vehicles these days, it's waaaaay overpriced for the depreciating object that it is, way too tech heavy, & when you add all the other EV related horseshit that's inherent in these particular vehicles (range, charging issues, repair costs, battery replacement issues, spontaneous combustion issues, lack of qualified repair centers, inability to repair at home... probably others I've forgotten) & the end result for me is a no fucking way, even if it was the most attractive vehicle available.

I think those things fall into the latest thing gotta have it fervor category which is enhanced by the 'Tesla' factor, that sort of nebulous aura that seems to surround those cars, the company, & it's leader.

Have you seen the Teslas running around with stickers on the back stating something like "I bought it before I knew Elon was crazy"? I've been seeing them here and there since Elon bought Twitter and started standing against the political machine.

Fake manual transmissions might be the new thing in EVs. While Doug might be on to something citing driver engagement and drawing parallels between fake manuals in EVs and real manuals in ICE cars, there is one major difference: it’s mandatory to manually operate the transmission in a 3-pedal ICE vehicle. Because it’s real. That makes all the difference, and makes this feature - with its fake tach, fake engine sounds and fake decel/accel - stupid. So stupid.

I think those things fall into the latest thing gotta have it fervor category which is enhanced by the 'Tesla' factor, that sort of nebulous aura that seems to surround those cars, the company, & it's leader. They are ugly to most people it seems, but to each his own on that end; my primary objection to the Cyber Truck is the same one I have for most new vehicles these days, it's waaaaay overpriced for the depreciating object that it is, way too tech heavy, & when you add all the other EV related horseshit that's inherent in these particular vehicles (range, charging issues, repair costs, battery replacement issues, spontaneous combustion issues, lack of qualified repair centers, inability to repair at home... probably others I've forgotten) & the end result for me is a no fucking way, even if it was the most attractive vehicle available.

Wait until they remake a movie using the Cybertruck instead of a DeLorean.

Fake manual transmissions might be the new thing in EVs. While Doug might be on to something citing driver engagement and drawing parallels between fake manuals in EVs and real manuals in ICE cars, there is one major difference: it’s mandatory to manually operate the transmission in a 3-pedal ICE vehicle. Because it’s real. That makes all the difference, and makes this feature - with its fake tach, fake engine sounds and fake decel/accel - stupid. So stupid.

Skeuomorphic design carried too far. Just get rid of the "tech", guys!