EV thread

Ha Ha Ha Going Green in a Tesla.

https://www.sfgate.com/centralcoast/article/tesla-interstate-5-supercharger-power-plant-18343119.php

Typical Tree Hugging Commie:

“I looked at other EVs before buying my Tesla, trust me,” Hollister resident Joselito Mondorio told SFGATE while he was charging his Tesla Model S at Harris Ranch on Tuesday en route to LA for vacation. “I have a long commute and I just wanted something reliable, with available charging stations to get me there and back.
“This was really the only choice.”
When asked whether he monitors where the energy comes from that goes into his car, Mondorio paused to think about it for a moment. “You know, I should do it more,” he said. “But for me, I’m not putting gas in the car or exhaust [in the air]. But it’s something to look at, for sure.”

Ha Ha Ha Going Green in a Tesla.

[URL]https://www.sfgate.com/central...state-5-supercharger-power-plant-18343119.php[/URL]

Typical Tree Hugging Commie:

“I looked at other EVs before buying my Tesla, trust me,” Hollister resident Joselito Mondorio told SFGATE while he was charging his Tesla Model S at Harris Ranch on Tuesday en route to LA for vacation. “I have a long commute and I just wanted something reliable, with available charging stations to get me there and back.
“This was really the only choice.”
When asked whether he monitors where the energy comes from that goes into his car, Mondorio paused to think about it for a moment. “You know, I should do it more,” he said. “But for me, I’m not putting gas in the car or exhaust [in the air]. But it’s something to look at, for sure.”

I don’t think Tesla’s goal is to be a green company, they make and sell electric vehicles, that’s their goal. If they were green they wouldn’t be so quick. So I don’t see it as Teslas “secret”.

The people buying them thinking they are saving the world are morons. Buy them because you like how quick they are. Buy them because you like technology. Buy them because you like Elon’s tweets. But, don’t buy them because you are making any appreciable difference in the world.

Musk wants to go to Mars. The truck design is more of a rover design.

View all of his actions as funding his rockets and space travel.

I may go with him. This place, jeeze.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
Today I drove my F350 to work and figured I'd hit the car wash at the local gas station. I had to wait on a Tesla in front of me and behind me was a Rivian SUV. It's OK though because I fuel at the truckstop across the street so none of us bought any gas at that gas station.

The cybertruck will be a limited numbers flop at best and vapor at worst.
[URL]https://jalopnik.com/only-way-to-fix-tesla-cybertruck-design-start-over-1850789341[/URL]

Naw it's gonna be a huge hit.

1694012655037.png

Reminds me of this

My parent's Ford Escape would go into limp mode at highway speeds. They had to pull off to the side, turn it off, wait a couple minutes, and restart it. Then it wouldn't do it again for X random months.

I worked with a guy that had a Ford Focus that did the same thing. He sold it after plugging up the morning commute on the interstate twice.

Software can be dangerous.