Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

Name of my LLC. Also has the name on the Jeep. And.......

93E07475-E438-4FF8-B3D0-17FCCB64DAE0.jpeg

I think mine is pretty obvious.

This will be image heavy.

I've always drawn and painted since I was a little kid. My mom always likes to tell people about the train I drew on the wall in my bedroom when I was just 3 or 4.

I never pursued art as a profession until I was around 30. My dad was a coal miner and thought I should get learn a trade. Good advice,but he didn't know how stubborn I am...or stupid?? So, I humored that notion and joined the Air Force and spent4 years as an F-15 Armament Tech. Got out after my enlistment was up and went to work for my uncle's HVAC business...then some other jobs here and there because I have a rambling spirit. One thing led to another and during all this time I was still drawing and teaching myself how to airbrush, thus came my time doing the custom paint thing, which I've posted earlier in my intro thread. Thought for sure that was what I was going to do for the rest of my life, but being in a body shop all day everyday, sometime for 20hours straight working on projects, I burned out and the downturn in 2008 just sealed the deal for me to find something else.

Now, I work as a "fine" artist...whatever that means. But, it has allowed me to stay home and raise the kids. I travel and explore and paint things that inspire me...so, maybe this will be what I do for the rest of my life?

So, here are some drawing I did back in high school and the Air Force of Jeeps...I'm a relentless daydreamer who somehow made it through school with good grades and got an Honorable Discharge...LOL!!

jeepforum91301.jpg

jeepforum91101.jpg

jeepforum91001.jpg
jeepforum9801.jpg
jeepforum9901.jpg

jeepforum9301.jpg

A non-Jeep pen and ink drawing I did for my squadron at Langley AFB

544587_10202549574248943_141040093_n.jpg

Now, here are some of what I currently do.

springpaintings301.jpg

DSC00893.jpg
websiteupdates201.jpg

websitenew4101.jpg

caress101.jpg

terlinguaghosttown.jpg

garnetcanyon101.jpg

onebourbon101.jpg

planeandbarge201.jpg

websiteupdates401.jpg

Well, I could go on and on, but I don't want to wear out my welcome or bore you. This should give you a pretty good idea of what I do. If it is OK to mention it, you can check out my YouTube channel that has many of my adventures out painting on it. Just look for Todd Derr Fine Art.

Thanks, y'all!

facebook701.jpg

I think mine is pretty obvious.

This will be image heavy.

I've always drawn and painted since I was a little kid. My mom always likes to tell people about the train I drew on the wall in my bedroom when I was just 3 or 4.

I never pursued art as a profession until I was around 30. My dad was a coal miner and thought I should get learn a trade. Good advice,but he didn't know how stubborn I am...or stupid?? So, I humored that notion and joined the Air Force and spent4 years as an F-15 Armament Tech. Got out after my enlistment was up and went to work for my uncle's HVAC business...then some other jobs here and there because I have a rambling spirit. One thing led to another and during all this time I was still drawing and teaching myself how to airbrush, thus came my time doing the custom paint thing, which I've posted earlier in my intro thread. Thought for sure that was what I was going to do for the rest of my life, but being in a body shop all day everyday, sometime for 20hours straight working on projects, I burned out and the downturn in 2008 just sealed the deal for me to find something else.

Now, I work as a "fine" artist...whatever that means. But, it has allowed me to stay home and raise the kids. I travel and explore and paint things that inspire me...so, maybe this will be what I do for the rest of my life?

So, here are some drawing I did back in high school and the Air Force of Jeeps...I'm a relentless daydreamer who somehow made it through school with good grades and got an Honorable Discharge...LOL!!

View attachment 158779
View attachment 158780
View attachment 158781View attachment 158785View attachment 158786
View attachment 158787

A non-Jeep pen and ink drawing I did for my squadron at Langley AFB

View attachment 158789

Now, here are some of what I currently do.

View attachment 158790
View attachment 158791View attachment 158792
View attachment 158793
View attachment 158794
View attachment 158796
View attachment 158797
View attachment 158798
View attachment 158800
View attachment 158802

Well, I could go on and on, but I don't want to wear out my welcome or bore you. This should give you a pretty good idea of what I do. If it is OK to mention it, you can check out my YouTube channel that has many of my adventures out painting on it. Just look for Todd Derr Fine Art.

Thanks, y'all!

View attachment 158795

I was Weapons too. Mostly F-16's but a little bit of time in Armament backshop on F-16's and A-10's.

Reactions: ToddDerrArtist
I was Weapons too. Mostly F-16's but a little bit of time in Armament backshop on F-16's and A-10's.
Cool!! I wanted F-16's, But kinda glad I ended up on 15's since I'm 6'3". Ha!! Thanks for your service. Sometimes wish I would have stayed in. I'd be retired now, too. Although, my wife says I'm already retired. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom
When do you become "Iran"?

Hopefully not for a while. Age has certainly slowed me down and I've cut back substantially. However, I still try to get in 10 -12 miles a week. I have a goal to get in two more marathons in before turning 65. Then retire from them at 65, with 65. We'll see though!

These are awesome! Really nice work. Technically a dream job for most creatives.

I studied art in college and now work at an in-house agency that manages the IntraWeb content for a large tech company. Not very creative, but it beats laboring out in the sun five days a week. And working from home is God sent.

Reactions: ToddDerrArtist