Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

Oh yeah, I would say you've broken all kinds of molds and stereotypes.

I mean I for one never imagined anyone owning a TJ being a belly dancer. Not in a bad way of course, it's just not something you think of when you think of Jeep Wranglers. I think of most of them as being real blue collar, nitty gritty jobs, gun owners, etc.

Of course look at me, the web designer / SEO guy sitting behind a computer, working from home :ROFLMAO:

I've got the gun owner thing down though.
I actually was discussing Jeeps with some of my dance sisters on a Belly Dance forum - a couple of them REALLY want one! Although I worked so-called "white collar" jobs most of my life - with the possible exception of my early years of repairing televisions - I was raised in a blue collar family and we lived "out in the sticks". Like my electrician father before me, when something breaks, I don't think anything of tearing into it and fixing it. Which I guess is rare nowadays - we had a neighbor's daughter express considerable surprise when I replaced a fan motor in a bathroom exhaust fan. I was kinda shocked, *really*? Now that I'm getting older, there are times I hire harder jobs out, but I still prefer to do most things myself.

"Web designer"? I do a bit of "light" web work myself, my own website and a couple of others for dance sisters - nothing complicated. Mostly all hand coded - I wrote assembly language for a living for a decade, so that's kinda the way I roll...

Welcome to the least judgmental forum on the internet, unless you have an angry bird grill, you don’t have an angry bird grill...right?
Snort! Nope. Never heard of one before I came here - and now that I've seen the pix, "I don't think so". I like weird and offbeat things, but those grills are just STUPID, even to me!

I actually was discussing Jeeps with some of my dance sisters on a Belly Dance forum - a couple of them REALLY want one! Although I worked so-called "white collar" jobs most of my life - with the possible exception of my early years of repairing televisions - I was raised in a blue collar family and we lived "out in the sticks". Like my electrician father before me, when something breaks, I don't think anything of tearing into it and fixing it. Which I guess is rare nowadays - we had a neighbor's daughter express considerable surprise when I replaced a fan motor in a bathroom exhaust fan. I was kinda shocked, *really*? Now that I'm getting older, there are times I hire harder jobs out, but I still prefer to do most things myself.

"Web designer"? I do a bit of "light" web work myself, my own website and a couple of others for dance sisters - nothing complicated. Mostly all hand coded - I wrote assembly language for a living for a decade, so that's kinda the way I roll...

Yep. Web design is how I got started when I was about 14. Grew up building my own PCs and doing lots of art, found I had a real talent with computers, and then started doing "art" on the computer, which came together in the form of web design and graphics.

That and my love for Jeeps is how this forum came about to be honest. I try to do most stuff myself, but there's certain areas of expertise where I would rather just pay someone to do it, as I don't want to do the whole "jack of all trades, master of none" thing. I'd rather stick to the few things I'm good at.

To be honest, I think anyone who hasn't owned a Jeep should buy one. The first time you drive it with the top and doors off is a real treat to say the least.

I built my first computer from a kit - actually, it was my second. My first was a TRS-80, the second that I built was an IMSAI 8080. I stupidly got rid of it, but I now have another one, and its "coming up in the rotation" pretty quick for me to get serious about it. I like nuts and bolts technology, first and second generation stuff. When it becomes too subtle, I lose interest. Thus I like old computers, vacuum tube equipment, diesels, steam engines, manual transmissions, etc, etc. On the other hand, I don't like, nor want a smartphone, and you wouldn't catch me dead and on fire on facesuck, TWITter, or similar.
When I have an interest, I tend to make a web page about it - I have a fairly large one about my dance journey, and sub pages for the piano restoration and my various sewing machines. I'm sure I'll be making a webpage for the Jeep as well. Hell, my childhood wagon came back to me and I did a ground up restoration on it - and made a webpage!

Bringing this to the top cause we are all bored and we have some new people here. If you have not added to this thread please do, I would like to hear from @FadeToGray and @Zorba as those pics intrigue me...obviously mine is kind of boring.

Mine isn't too interesting unfortunately. My avatar is just a photo of me, no special meaning. The "Fade to Gray" portion came from a Batman comic I had read a long time ago. It was a line from the Joker and I just liked it.

So I purchased the domain www.fadetogray.com and used it for a personal blog site to showcase all my projects and more info about me. It's offline now, but maybe will come back in the future sometime. But anyways, I've just always used it as my screen name in various forums ever since.

Reactions: TJ Starting
My first vehicle was a 1974 CJ 5 that I bought when I was 15. I had to replace the entire floorboard and then paint it and I almost forgot had to get it running. That started my love of Jeeps and have owned several since. My second love came from the ocean. I took scuba diving in college and later became an instructor and worked at a dive shop for a few years until I met my wife and had to start a real job where I could make some money. I still love my Jeeps and I still love diving, just wish I could have more time with each.

The name Sancho.... came from a video game called Age of empires. It had this fat little king running around, i thought it was hilarious.

At the sane time, there was a stupid movie from the SouthPark guys called Orgasmo... Sancho was a funny character with a lot of confidence.

So i've used Sancho or Sanchito for 20 years as an online nickname.

Wife hates it though.. its synonmous with cheating.

The avatar is from futurama, one of my favorite shows.

Waaaaay back in the day, when the internet was first doing it's thing, I was on Yahoo and used their chat rooms as well as Microsoft's gaming service for Combat Flight Simulator. I needed a nickname. Also used ICQ, MSN Messenger, AIM, etc. lol

Cyberspace was a pretty cool word to a kid my age - couple that with the fact that there was a TV Show on USA called "Sliders" that I also liked, I thought that calling myself a "Cyberspace Slider" was pretty awesome. Obviously, this is rather long and ridiculous to type all the time, so I trimmed it to CyberSlider. Almost got it - so I decided to swap out the I with a Y and drop the Es and came up with CybrSlydr.

So, for the last...25 years or so, I've been "CybrSlydr". Every forum I register, I use the same name. So, if you come across a poster named "CybrSlydr", it's most likely me. lol

My name is I can't seem to read instructions... it would have been DEValken if I understood what field I was filling out when I joined up. Signed up with AOL back in the early 90s and have used it everywhere online since.

My avatar is me wishing I had real mountains on the east coast....

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
My name is I can't seem to read instructions... it would have been DEValken if I understood what field I was filling out when I joined up. Signed up with AOL back in the early 90s and have used it everywhere online since.

My avatar is me wishing I had real mountains on the east coast....
Evidentially I am just as guilty...I am Clifish on every other forum and here I filled it out so fast I am now Cliffish!!

• Haha
My avatar is just a photo of my Jeep on a trail near the family cabin that my grandparents bought in the 1960's, with a view of Longs Peak in Rocky Mtn National Park in the background.

My name is just my instagram handle, which I started as an account for posting Jeep and gun pics, so I came up with that name to bring the patriotism/pro-2A angle with the 4-wheeling. My instagram profile pic is actually a 7 slot grill overlaid with the coiled snake from the Gadsden flag.

Reactions: Hunter Rich
Avatar is a pic of my 2 absolute loves of my life...my Wife and latest boat (not always in that order lol).
I worked on tugs for 11 yrs and my friends started calling me Tugboat hence the forum name.
Not always in that order, as in "...my boat, and my latest Wife"? :LOL: Just kidding, man. As a professional drowner, this old man just doesn't do boats. But being on my fourth marriage, I felt fully qualified to razz you a bit! ;)

My first Jeep was a 1978 Cj7. Should have kept it. My first two initials are TJ. It just felt right to get the right one this time. Been having a good time with it the last 3 years and looking forward to many more with it.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Not always in that order, as in "...my boat, and my latest Wife"? :LOL: Just kidding, man. As a professional drowner, this old man just doesn't do boats. But being on my fourth marriage, I felt fully qualified to razz you a bit! ;)
"Professional Drowner"?? Well its a good thing you got divorced 3 times and not drown 3 times!!

• Haha