Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

It has always been something similar on Jeep boards and several, many years ago it went to just what you see. My Jeeps have always been green and my 95 YJ, purchased in 03, quickly got a 4” RE lift and 35s, and was bigger than most others locally at that time. Still have the YJ though color is different now and it’s due for a new scheme soon.

Avatar is first pic I found of my LJR.

Umm... it's my name? I used a made-up user name on a different forum, but I'm getting older and I figured that I needed something easier to remember - I'm sorry, what was the question again?

My avatar is a shot of me under a local street sign that is just a bit off. It appears that proofreading is a dying skill. The photo reflects my attitude towards life in general - aggressive bemusement.

I came up with the username TRUFORD years ago and use it across multiple platforms. I came up with the name since my last name is FORD and the 7 letters could fit on a license plate, but for some reason i keep buying mopars

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
NDSpeed is short for need for speed, a video game, while not very fitting for a Jeep. It did fit back when I was street racing. Along with all my other project cars. It was something I’ve gone by since I was 13 well over 20+ years ago.

And the picture is the first photo I got of my Jeep here in Alaska.

NDSpeed is short for need for speed, a video game, while not very fitting for a Jeep. It did fit back when I was street racing. Along with all my other project cars. It was something I’ve gone by since I was 13 well over 20+ years ago.

And the picture is the first photo I got of my Jeep here in Alaska.
Used to play that game when I was a kid too ( and when I was just a bigger kid ) 😛

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
My passion is boats and fishing from that boat I built, or rebuilt into something that is different from its factory configuration , I absolutely love a project boat. Over the years I have had so many boats up to 43' in length. Now days I only want a boat that lives on a trailer, I'm done with keeping a boat slipped at a harbor. I have three nice boats, and a fourth that is a current project. Here's a couple of them. I bought the 1974 24' Skipjack from a guy that had it laying in a field for 600. These hulls are so well built and have value and are worth rebuilding. No power, no outdrive, deck was rotted. I repowered it, rebuilt the deck, welded up the Pilothouse out of Aluminum, painted the entire boat with marine paint. These Skipjacks only came with windshields, I wanted the PH for the protection it affords fishing on the ocean. I routinely take this boat 50 miles out offshore chasing Tuna when they show up. The second boat is my current project, 1963 Glasspar, it was free. I love the lines of these hulls, they have that Downeast look of a old lobster boat. Deck rotted, but has fiberglass stringers so that's a plus. I cut the notched transom out and closed it up, I'm going to put a offshore bracket on it. Also going to cut out the rotted deck raise it up 5" to make it self bailing, and then turn it into a center console. It's going to be a pretty badass little battlewagon. Longer read then I planned, felt like I needed to explain my sickness,,,gregg
Here some before and after pics
Skippy 1.jpg
Skippy 1.jpgSkippy 2.jpgSkippy 4.jpg

SKIPJACK ON TRAILER.jpg

My passion is boats and fishing from that boat I built, or rebuilt into something that is different from its factory configuration , I absolutely love a project boat. Over the years I have had so many boats up to 43' in length. Now days I only want a boat that lives on a trailer, I'm done with keeping a boat slipped at a harbor. I have three nice boats, and a fourth that is a current project. Here's a couple of them. I bought the 1974 24' Skipjack from a guy that had it laying in a field for 600. These hulls are so well built and have value and are worth rebuilding. No power, no outdrive, deck was rotted. I repowered it, rebuilt the deck, welded up the Pilothouse out of Aluminum, painted the entire boat with marine paint. These Skipjacks only came with windshields, I wanted the PH for the protection it affords fishing on the ocean. I routinely take this boat 50 miles out offshore chasing Tuna when they show up. The second boat is my current project, 1963 Glasspar, it was free. I love the lines of these hulls, they have that Downeast look of a old lobster boat. Deck rotted, but has fiberglass stringers so that's a plus. I cut the notched transom out and closed it up, I'm going to put a offshore bracket on it. Also going to cut out the rotted deck raise it up 5" to make it self bailing, and then turn it into a center console. It's going to be a pretty badass little battlewagon. Longer read then I planned, felt like I needed to explain my sickness,,,gregg
Here some before and after picsView attachment 119212View attachment 119212View attachment 119215View attachment 119216

View attachment 119217
Wow! Outstanding work! You gotta be proud of that.

Mines pretty simple. I use it on most different forums from Alberta outdoorsman, TDR(turbo diesel registrar, Ram/Cummins), jet boating ones etc.
BUSH-RVING basically. Started years ago because we routinely pull our RV trailers far into the back country away from the crowds to camp hence BUSHRVN. It’s also my truck plate. We get into trouble doing this sometimes. Last spring I had the back end of my 34’ bumper pull toyhauler buried in the road and the three 16” tires on that side only showing the top 5” out of the road. At 29,000 lbs, that was not fun to pull out with only quads because no one else could get by me. We also bent the A-frame up about a foot on a buddies RV that same day that we spent 7 hours heat straightening and reinforcing. I’ve only had my jeep (first one) for three weeks so far and haven’t even taken a picture of it yet due to working on it all the time.:sneaky:

Here some before and after picsView attachment 119212View attachment 119212View attachment 119215View attachment 119216

View attachment 119217
Wow nice work.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj